jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Technology

1. Shakes23 profile image61
    Shakes23posted 6 years ago

Am I the only adult in the world that is technically challenged?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

No.

Btw- try not to open more threads than you plan on responding to, unless there happens to be a reason for them. Making that reason known to the rest of community would be nice. It isn't required, but if people realize that you are not going to be participating in the forum threads you begin, then they are not likely to participate in them. wink

Just a thought.

On a side note- Welcome to Hubpages. smile

Shakes23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok, everything you said makes absolutely No sense to me...yikes!

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have managed to open at least 5-6 threads. If you are not going to participate in all of them, then do not open them, unless you state the purpose of opening the thread, such as polls or getting insight for writing a hub.

People will most likely, within the community of members, participate, if you're trying to do polls or research, but do not respond.

Some people like to start threads, but not participate in the thread and leave, never to come back. Those type of threads are useless to the community. wink

Ok so how do I close the threads? I would like to participate in them but is that too many to try to do?
          Now, that last part made sense smile

Once someone posts to the thread, you cannot delete them. wink

Ok, there I am..lost again....I really would like to blog, as well..but maybe I am way off base for that

Okay, I can see you are one of those who are lacking technology. lol It's okay. Not a problem.

This is a forum. The things you write are Hubs, not blogs. Hubs are article size. Blogs are smaller.

If you want to blog, then you can get a blog from a place like Wordpress or Blogspot.

Forum threads on Hubpages, once a person posts to them, cannot be deleted, unless you email Hubpages team and ask them to close the thread to reply. smile

I hope that helps. smile

Geez, thanks for breaking it down. I actually understand, which is amazing. I think I am gonna check out the Wordpress or Blogspot

But, don't leave Hubpages. It's a powerful platform to write on. wink

working