jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Decision making

1. perfectperception profile image60
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

Do you make decisions based on other peoples opinion rather than your personal preference? If so, do you think it a sign of weakness or social acceptance?

1. Sekharg profile image69
      Sekhargposted 6 years ago in reply to this

perfectperception,

You brought up very important but rarely talked about subject here.

It depends on the individual.

If you are strong individual and can evaluate what's good for you based on your needs and don't care about what others think of you, you will follow up with your decision.

On the other hand, if you are unsure of your own decision making ability and don't like be criticized by others, you give more importance to others opinions.

My two cents.

1. Christy Goff profile image60
        Christy Goffposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can always ask someone elses opinion, and can have deductive reasoning, it's kind of like taking a poll.  If you follow just to follow, then it is weakness and wanting social acceptence.  If you get all the facts and make up your own mind, its called being yourself.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
          KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a nice way of saying it.

2. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

I'm pretty selfish... and independent, LOL, Not sure how to word that PC exactly, so I make decisions  all on my own...

I will say, however, I'll typically make decisions that will benefit others, too.  I'm not ALWAYS selfish tongue

1. Christy Goff profile image60
      Christy Goffposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe I agree with you, I like to find out facts, opinions, and whatever, then make my own decision.  I do my best not to hurt anyone else.  But always do what is best for my family.  I believe in independent thought and making decisions for one's self, but it needs to be an informitive decision.

working