jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I WONDER: Men Family Provider vs. Women Family Provider

1. 60
    littlerabbitposted 5 years ago

I wonder how many % of  the Men ( Husbands ) and how many % of  the Women ( Wives ) Family provider in this generation or even long before. I wonder how many % that men provide their families without giving such a crown of thorns to their wives. I wonder how much men do care a lot the welfare of the kids than women.

Is it enough for men bringing food on the table for family to eat 3x a day and that's it! as if their rule as head of the family is fulfilled or not even care at all just because the wives got a job and make sure kids will never get starve. To make it short, I wonder how many men submitted financial share to their wives regularly / monthly.  Or how many men will just say, " If I have, I will share ".. What a big WOW ! ......

I am not sure how this post will get attention to all who are a mother in this forum. But if some of you read this post, I am sure you know the sentiments that I have right now.  Any ideas from this forum can at least enlighten somehow. And through forums I believe we can find a way to talk and share freely specially if we feel that nobody we can talk to inside our house......

( There are FEW good men still around the corner..Please do not get me wrong in this post. I am only expressing the reality of what I am now )

1. Shadesbreath profile image88
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The man you describe sounds very selfish. I know there are many men out there like that, but I don't believe it is a majority %. Some cultures, espeically strongly religious cultures, have troubles with this sort of thing--and the system of rule and even social censure make it nearly impossible for a woman to do much about it, a real tragedy and waste of so many minds.

Enlightened men recognize the value of a partnership with their wives, and the marriage reaps the benefits of cooperation and mutual enabling. It is only a very, very insecure man who treats his wife in the way you describe. I am sorry if you are suffering that. It must be awful.

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 5 years ago

1. twobmad profile image60
      twobmadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

63% by who? husband or wife?

1. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. Dale Nelson profile image31
    Dale Nelsonposted 5 years ago

double income family,shared responsibility and chores