jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

NO MONEY...... NO HONEY ouchhh!!!

1. dianne143 profile image60
    dianne143posted 6 years ago

how would you react to that, as i heard many people said. Is it always the basis of love? Is it a good qualifications? I think it is an insult to say that... you don't and can't love someone cos he/she don't have money not a good reason.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I honestly don't believe that money can buy happiness, but a relationship realistically can't strive on love alone either.  Personally, if a woman ever said she was too good for me because I was poor, or said I didn't have enough money to meet her needs, then I'd just walk away.  As I always said, any woman that thinks she's too good for me, then I'm just going to say to her...your right.  You are too good for me, so let me do you a favor and walk away.  Sorry, but that's just how I roll when it comes to these things.  However, I certainly wouldn't expect any girl I was with to expect herself to be the one supporting us, as I would hate to be the one living off her, since I'm kind of old fashioned when it comes to relationships of the man being able to take care of his woman.

Anyways, that's my two cents on it.

dianne143posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i really do love every word you said, you are a man with honor. I can relate with what you said once a man told me that i am too good for him though i am not vocal with my feelings but i know he can feel it that i like him.... i do not know why we always said that words or maybe we are just afraid to face what are the consequences when we are in the situation.

both should love unconditionally with out any why's and reasons. It is a matter of understanding love and respect to each other.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
          Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well I don't disagree with what you said, but I think the important thing to remember is that there's never going to be such a thing as a perfect relationship, as they all come with some degree of risk.  However, it's important when it comes to relationships to follow your heart, as you'll regret it if you don't.  Anyways, I hope that helps.

that is right... sometimes following your heart has advantages and dis advantages also... both should  use heart and mind to think.

2. JenSet profile image60
    JenSetposted 6 years ago

I think money is a stupid thing to judge someone on before you get to know them. However, long term I think both partners have to be willing to work to support your life together as a couple. For instance, I got laid off so my boyfriend took overtime hours to help out while I got back on my feet, and I've done the same for him in the past. It's important to be on the same page about money if you're going to get married or live together, but I think it's wrong to look down on someone because they don't have as much coming into the relationship.

you are right ..

money is important  but not all the time money can make  you happy.

3. SPLITPERSONaLiTy profile image61
    SPLITPERSONaLiTyposted 6 years ago

Money doesn't buy happiness at all. However people will continue to try to use it as a down payment. The world we live in has clouded our mind into thinking Love & Money are intertwined.

I also agree with what you said..  but it should be love and money will go together.

working