jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

May, December affair

1. dianne143 profile image60
    dianne143posted 5 years ago

Today In some Countries is a trend and they don't care about the age gap because for all they care are their feelings and it is just a number. I think is is not bad and awful to see some couples,the guy is older than their partners and for some reasons some countries really don't like to date with older people. That is why I observed most of the older man finding their luck in some Asia country because they know it is accepted to most of people.

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know many people who are happy regardless of a difference in ages. My best friend's daughter is 35 and husband 51. My grandmother married a man 20 years older. The important thing is maturity and feelings for each other. I don't think it has to do with a certain culture or country. I find it easy to not be judgmental of any relationship. Some people that marry the same age people may be unhappy and not good for each other.

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

Even though I'm in that kind of relationship (hubby is younger than me), I do NOT recommend it!   Relationships and marriage is hard enough without adding that issue to the mix;  time is often spent trying to mold the intentions, desires, goals, and needs of two people who are at different stages of life.

And no, we're not "just as young as we feel"!  Age and difference in age is a fact of life and does factor into relationships, addding a separate challenge to the whole thing.

That being said, I meant that my advice is to not intentionally look for that kind of relationship nor intentionally jump into it.   But if two people are committed to the marriage, yes, it can work just as well as any other marriage,  and has its own rewards sometimes too as we're basically forced to consider each other's feelings and viewpoints in relation to the marriage.

3. Mama Sez profile image85
    Mama Sezposted 5 years ago

For me, age doesn't really matter much. It's the commitment of both parties to love and respect each other that matters most. Man and woman may learn and grow together as the relationship prosper, regardless of their age.