jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

First love never dies?

1. dianne143 profile image60
    dianne143posted 5 years ago

How strong and true is this?
    I don't understand really aside from love is blind that word is most used even until now......

I think I won't believe in this or maybe I felt this but I am not aware. I  do not know..........

1. TimeHealsAll profile image83
      TimeHealsAllposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the reason one's first love never dies is because it's the first time one ever experienced it. For this reason, one never forgets it.

2. 0
      Travis_S_Musicposted 5 years ago in reply to this

BS. Your first love does die. No one's immortal.

3. Genna East profile image88
      Genna Eastposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ohhh ...I believe this.  You may not marry your first love, and fall in love again, later, with someone else, but you always remember your first love.

4. noyon_ku profile image59
      noyon_kuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My first love already dies.

5. SMOMarketingWiz profile image60
      SMOMarketingWizposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is true that first love never dies because it is only memory which further nurtures your experiences.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The passion of your first love can always be re-ignited. However, there are a lot of different variables that play a factor.

So, I would say that it never dies. wink

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago

In the sense that each love you experience lives on I would agree. Each love you experience either good or bad, lives on in your memories and in the memories of others. In this way love can be kept alive even beyond death.

4. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

It has to be a first true love. That never dies.

1. AdamShermer profile image60
      AdamShermerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That statement makes the most sense. My second love is my true love and I shall forever feel the same way for her every time I look back.

5. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 5 years ago

When I look back on my first love, I still feel it. So, perhaps it's true that first love never dies. It's true for me, anyway. smile

6. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

aw Camlo you are so sweet.....

I married my first love, and he aint dead yet.......

7. Don Ship profile image80
    Don Shipposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately yes. It is true. First love never dies!

8. Shil1978 profile image89
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

Well, I don't remember/reminisce/miss my first love, so I would say as good as dead! I guess it varies from person to person. My first love was a mistake in hindsight!!

9. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I kind of agree with this, however, I don't think about my first love as much as other people I have loved since. My first real love was when I was 11. But, I was much more in love with someone else when I was 15, and that person has stuck with me more than the first. So, I guess it depends on how many times you have been in love. And, for me, that is a lot.

Some people marry their first love, and never even think about being in love with anyone else. I can't imagine that. And, even though I have been in a relationship for 20 years, I still walk through life with hoping that I will be truly in love again.

Unfortunately, most people (especially men) associate love with
    sex. Once the sex happens less often, or not at all, they figure the love is gone too. And, will most likely start looking for someone else. I am guilty of that, but, I have a heart too.

10. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

They all never die, dozens of them and none of them die, except the one or two that got killed.

11. theseus profile image71
    theseusposted 5 years ago

It depends on the scenario, I think.

Generally, if you did not end up with the first person you fell in love with,I believe that first love dies but it doesn't necessarily mean that you will forget the first person you fell in love with.That first love should wither with the time otherwise you will have a hard time loving someone else since you will be clinging to the memory of that first love.