HELP!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Starlet-angel profile image54
    Starlet-angelposted 13 years ago

I'm 18 and a senior. My name is Rebeccah.

Now, I like this guy named Brenton a lot but he likes someone else (at least I think he does) and I don't know how to tell him I like him without being humiliated.

I've tried making a list of 100 reasons why I like him, and the only 5 I can think of are these:

1. When he smiles at me, he makes my entire day so much better, even if I have to deal with this chick he likes all day long.

2. My heart beats 1000 x's faster when we talk to eachother.

3. My stomach feels all twisted whenever he's near me, but in a good way.

4. He makes me smile whenever I think of him.

5. He makes me feel better no matter what my problem is.

(The only problem, he doesn't know I exsist unless he wants something..sad please help!)

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This part alone should tell you all you need to know about this person. hmm

Starlet-angelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean, Cagsil? :\

2. Pearldiver profile image69
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile
        Wow Cagsil.... That's the most factual thing I've ever seen you post! smile

I Totally Second This!

2. Cagsil profile image70

The only problem, he doesn't know I exist unless he wants something.. This part of your OP should tell you all you need to know about that person you are talking about.

If you don't realize that he only wants you when he can get something from you....then I have ask, how dumb does he think you are to continue on with any sort of friendship of any kind?

True, true.. but ya never know, he could just be hiding..idk..

1. Cagsil profile image70

Hiding? You could be right, but his actions should speak volumes to you, while his words are absent.

I've more than my share of people who only want people for what they can get from them, while they continually treat them like garbage.

I say you can do better and you should want to do better. wink

3. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Buy a nice card,  put down 5 reasons you like him the same you put in this thread and give it to him. Sign it of course, so he knows it is you who wrote it. And see what happens. You can even put your telephone # if you want but not necessary. smile

That sounds like a good idea, lol.. thank you smile

2. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

I would tell him asap. If you don't, your just going to fall more and more. If you wait to long and he replies to say no, it is going to hurt you so much more. If you really care for him, go for it. I wish you much happiness and best of luck sweatheart.

3. dianne143 profile image40
    dianne143posted 13 years ago

I think its very awkward to confess about your feelings because you knew he likes someone else that could be hard. If you will tell him what will happen? I think It won't work. Just keep it to your self it is only an infatuation do  you think it is love?

4. mummibear profile image61
    mummibearposted 13 years ago

What happens if u tell him and he doesn't approve..... If u thought he really liked u he would b paying more attention to u than this... So if u think he might b hiding there's only one thing for it... Bite the bullet and ask.. the worst thing that can possibly happen is ur ego cops a dent... And if u can take it in ur stride.. Get back up an brush urself off then do it... If he's not interested then at least u no cause ur going to waste a lot if valuable time worrying about him. While ur worrying urself about him ur mire than likely missing out in the other guy who's worring himself about u ... good luck xx

Thank you all for the support, and great advice! I'm still considering my option, but I most likely will tell him.

1. Instgtr profile image59
        Instgtrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Star,

Don't forget that "Love" has to be a 2-way street - from what I've read it seems like maybe in this case it's a 1-way street???

Take a good look at him the way he is right now - and accept that the way he is right now is the way he will ALWAYS be.  If you can REALLY be happy with that - then go for it - if not, there are a LOT of fish in the sea...

5. profile image54
    ILuvUKentonposted 13 years ago

Trust me, I'm going through the same problem with this guy named Grant.
    I say, try acting friendly, talk to him, try not to jump right into a relationship until you find out more about him and find out if he likes you like that or not.

Just talk to him. Try not to be too desperate when talking to him though, guys don't like that.

If you need any more advice, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

You're not alone,

_THN_

Thank you ILuvUKenton (:

I've tried acting friendly, I've tried talking to him, and I NEVER jump into a relationship without at least knowing more than a guy (or girl's!) name. However, with his friends always picking on me and making fun of me, it's kind of hard to say, Hey Brenton, do you wanna talk? because they're like..always around. :\ ntm, I'm seriously in over my head with just thinkin about it cuz they always seem to know my thoughts sad

I have a feeling I'll need more than just advice, I'll need pyschiatric help x.x

Thanks for being here for me

1. profile image54
        ILuvUKentonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

See, I'm in the same situation.
        Do you have any classes with him, because then you can talk to him in class. If he always has friends around him, then try finding him in the hall or something and talking to him. If he liked you back then he would talk to you in front of his friends and tell his friends that they need to stop making fun of you.
        Things will get better, I promise.

You're Not Alone,
        _THN_

I have several classes with him, and pretty much the entire school is friends with him, lol. He's surrounded by people in halls (no joke, always his friends), and the only time we've really talked was back in November, on facebook. He'll only talk to me in front of his friends when he's bein mean.

Things might get better, lol.

1. Lisa HW profile image64
            Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know...    Maybe it's just me, but what you're describing doesn't sound like it's very promising.  He's being mean?  He'll be mean in front of his friends?   mad

I think if it were me (hard as this may be right now), I'd find someone/something else to be interested in unless/until he starts showing signs of interest in you.  You could always re-think things if/when he does.  Worst case, you'll end up secretly liking him until it runs its course and you move on.  To me, telling him (or writing to him - or whatever) would be like throwing gasoline on a fire that isn't particularly the right kind of fire.  These days I don't think it's all that easy for young people to leave what goes on in HS behind after graduation day.  Facebook goes on, and so do "friends".  Personally, I think you ought to at least hold off on spilling the beans until he gives you reason to think it would be welcomed.   hmm  Maybe I'm wrong, of course.    hmm

6. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

All I can say is, if you're sure what you feel about him, then tell him. Sure, you might end up humiliated, but then you won't wonder what might have happened if you'd said something. I had very similar feelings for someone all through high school, and kept them quiet for a long time because I didn't want to jeopardize our friendship. He ended up engaged to my sister until she cheated on him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)