jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

WHAT WILL BE YOUR LIFE'S DECISIONS?

1. dianne143 profile image62
    dianne143posted 6 years ago

You are in a desert. You have with you the following five animals:
    A lion, a cow, a horse, a sheep, and a monkey.

To escape the desert you are going to have to get rid of one of your animals.
    Which one do you drop? (You can use whatever logic you like BUT > keep track of which animal is discarded when!) You have 4 animals left.
    The desert is burning up! It goes on for miles.
    Sand is everywhere. You realize, to get out, you are going to have drop another animal.
    Which do you drop?

You have 3 animals left.
    Walk, walk, walk. Hot, hot, hot.
    Disaster! The Oasis that you were looking for is dried up!
    You have no choice but to drop another animal.

You have 2 animals left.
    Ok, it's a long hot walk. You can see the edge of the desert way on the horizon. Unfortunately, you can only leave the desert with ONE animal.
    Which one do you drop and which one do you keep?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

This question really perplexes me, as I don't know why on Earth I'd ever be stuck in a desert with these animals.  However, if this question is anything like your last couple of forums, then I know everything has to be a symbolic meaning for something else. With that in mind, I'll try to assess what I would do. 

If I had to take a shot in the dark on what does each animal represent, I'm going to say that the monkey probably represents humor in a relationship, so I'd first lose the monkey. 

As the sun gets hotter, I would eventually lose the cow, as i think cow probably represents one's assets in a relationship.  therefore, as the heat intensifies, i'd lose the cow.

Since I'm guessing the horse probably represents stability.  The lion probably represents courage, and the sheep probably loyalty.  All very admirable qualities that I think anyone should have in any relationship, but I know you said I have to pick another animal to lose.  Therefore, I guess out of common sense of which factor would be least important out of the remaining three, i'd probably say lose the horse. 

Not that stability isn't important, as i think any relationship needs that.  However, from what I've learned about love in the past, it's that true love can survive through adversity when necessary.  therfore, i'd lose the horse next. 

Then as I get down further into this desert with the lion and sheep.  Knowing that i can only choose one quality, I guess I'd go with the sheep.  Not that courage isn't important, as I think in any relationship you need to have courage to strive through adversity.  However, I'd value loyalty the most.  Anyways, I don't know if I have your symbolisms behind each animal correct or not.  Nor do I know if I'm right in presuming that this quiz is a elaborate way to test the poster's ability to assess what they feel is important in a relationship with the last animal being the most important to the first one that's to go being the least in the poster's opinion.  However, i hope i am, and i hope this answers your question. big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image58
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay, if you say so. smile
      Okay, I feed the sheep to the lion, before I set off.
      I feed the monkey to the horse and cow. smile
      I feed the horse to the lion, milk the cow for milk, for both lion and myself.
      I feed the lion to the cow. After I leave the desert, I'll milk and eat the cow. smile

2. dianne143 profile image62

These answers are based on Japanese Archetypes.

The desert represents a hardship.
    The animals represent . . .
    Lion = Pride
    Monkey = Your Children
    Sheep = friendship
    Cow = Basic Needs
    Horse = Your Passion.
    So, in the face of hardship, you will sacrifice each of these things in turn. Your last animal represents that thing which you cling to at the expense of all others.

1. speedbird profile image65
      speedbirdposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will get rid of the lion smile

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Lion would go first. No need of one. Next the horse - they need litres and litres or water to survive - no good if there isn't any. Then the sheep - they eat a lot and if I have a choice between cow and sheep - the sheep goes first. Monkey next - small, cute, probably able to cope with having less but still - cute won't help if I'm trying to survive.

So I'd take the cow all the way, hoping to survive on whatever milk it produces.

4. dianne143 profile image62

These answers are based on Japanese Archetypes.

The desert represents a hardship.
    The animals represent . . .
    Lion = Pride
    Monkey = Your Children
    Sheep = friendship
    Cow = Basic Needs
    Horse = Your Passion.
    So, in the face of hardship, you will sacrifice each of these things in turn. Your last animal represents that thing which you cling to at the expense of all others.

working