jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Do you follow your heart or listen to your mind

1. Silent Tears profile image59
    Silent Tearsposted 5 years ago

When it comes to love, there doesn't seem to be a right answer.  On matters of the heart and mind, there are many gray areas.  Your mind wants to be logical, think things through, your heart want happiness and comfort, but which do you follow?  Love is not logical, it's not a thought, it is a feeling..an experience..an adventure..Do you take the straight path (mind) or the mountainous curvy path (heart)?  Does the heart take into consideration what the mind knows? What if what you think you know is wrong and you can't prove it? What if your heart is blinded by the desire of holding onto that particular one's affection?  I could go on with a list of "what-if's", but you would be reading forever.  I don't have an answer for my own question, maybe no one does.

1. speedbird profile image65
      speedbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Both, but in moderation of course...smile

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Tough separating the mind from body. Woman will not agree but emotion is the product of the mind as what is of  consequence. Have found myself that intuition is the best guide. But what is the biggest hindrance of intuition is  mind.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

When I was young I followed my heart. But now that I know better I follow my mind,,, always! lol

4. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 5 years ago

I agree with you Bill Manning.  When we are young I don't think we utilize our common sense much and then we grow up and older and wonder what the heck we were thinking back in the day!  We weren't thinking!  Life is better now that I use my mind more than my heart.

5. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago

I humbly submit that if it is love, mind has no business even considering  being in the neighbourhood

6. know one profile image59
    know oneposted 5 years ago

In my experience, the heart is an unreliable judge with no self-preservation instinct. I let the mind intercede on its behalf, after a brief consultation between the two. If the mind approves, the heart can have its way... but occassionally it needs to intersect with the mind for a spot check!

7. theseus profile image72
    theseusposted 5 years ago

I have always followed my heart. Yes, it did'nt always turned out the way I wanted it to be but I have no regrets because despite the pain, I still have the memories that make me smile every once in a while.. smile

8. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

When it comes to love, the heart.  Can't help it.

9. pearlmacb profile image79
    pearlmacbposted 5 years ago

.....you need a good balance of both the heart & mind. But what Ive learnt, when it comes to love, you need to apply some wisdom which requires the mind.

10. livingsimply profile image60
    livingsimplyposted 5 years ago

the heart wins everytime, at least in your mind!  It is perfectly possible to be in a sensible relationship but have your heart filled by someone else.  This is a private relationship that dosen't exist in reality, just in your mind.  I have probably said too much....

11. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Leading with your heart wildly without the mind is detrimental to one's existence.

Compromise/happy medium must be found to have balance. Love can be costly, but don't have to be dangerous. wink