jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I was "outed" recently. I was doing fine by myself! LOL!:)

1. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

This is just a comment.

A while back, I asked a friend a question on facebook, and I was surprised that he responded to my question by turning it into a Youtube video. Pretty much outing me to all his fans. He is in the adult entertainment industry, and I asked him what kind of underwear he wears. So he posts this video of himself showing off his various undergear with my name right under the video! Even saying my full name twice in his video!yikes

So, not only did he "out" me, he also kind of told everyone that I wanted to see his underwear. Which is all right with me, I guess.
    I thought it was pretty shocking that he would do that, but, I have done such a great job of outing myself, that I really didn't think I needed the extra help. But, I have never used my real name doing it! That's actually kind of scary.

What do you think about this?

1. bgamall profile image86
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would copy it and see an attorney.

brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not going to sue him over this. It would just be a big waste of money and time. Especially when people like the Westboro church just won their right to continue to protest at soldiers funerals over gays in the military. The only people who would win would be the lawyers when they get paid.

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think he's not much of a friend and I would remove him from my Facebook.
      Seriously, what kind of friend turns an innocent question into a video?
      On the other hand, I have never felt the need to ask anyone what underwear they are wearing so perhaps that was a little tactless on your part.
      I think BrimandCandy, you have well and truly 'outed' yourself online what with your reply on ask.com that you were worried about the other day, plus videos you have made of yourself over on youtube. Not saying there is anything wrong with those videos - I haven't seen them - but you use your avatar name there too so anyone who knows you will recognise you.
      Hey why worry?
      It's not as if you are a mad axe murderer or something...er..are you?

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"What do you think about this?"

I think no one would know or care if you hadn't posted this.

brimancandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nobody would care about any post in any forum if nobody started the conversation. That's almost like if a tree falls in the woods, and there is nobody around to hear it , does it make a sound?

2. Daddy's Princess profile image85
    Daddy's Princessposted 5 years ago

If you are LOL'ing then I am thinking maybe he did not think it would be a big deal and to be honest from the tone of your post I am not sure if you feel it is a big deal. If you do not really care, then maybe he is just a good enough friend to know you would be okay with it. If it does bother you, then you should discuss it with him.

3. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I'm already over it. There are much more serious things in this world than being outed. My facebook friends have also been supportive, so, I'm sure this will just fade away.