jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Would date a person that lies about being married to get laid?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Okay, I just finished my review of "Just Go With It", and I came up this forum question.  Although I kind of already have a general idea of what most of are you going to say, but I thought it might be fun to discuss anyway.  For those that never heard of the film, Adam Sandler plays a guy that was royally dissed on his wedding day, as he overheard his fiance making fun of him behind his back.  Needless to say, he drowns his sorrows at a bar, while wearing his wedding ring.  A hot girl walks into the bar, and somehow the girl feels sorry him because he lies to her about being married to a abusive wife that cheats on him.  From there, he becomes a plastic surgeon, and uses his now fake ring to trick women into feeling sorry for him, so they'll sleep with him. My question here to you folks is this....well two of them actually.  These questions mainly apply to women, but you guys can answer too if you like.

One:  Would you sleep with a guy if he told you that he was married to a overly abusive wife that cheats on him, and does business as a hooker on the side?

Two:  Lets say he didn't wear that fake ring on your first date, but you find it in his pocket..after you both..um..have sex.  You ask him about it, and he makes up an elaborate lie that costs him over 20 grand to tell you that he has a family.  Although this next part doesn't happen in the film, as the girl he lies to never finds out the truth.  what if he suddenly told you the truth saying he didn't want to tell you the truth because you'd probably think he was a jerk.  Would you still want to date him?  Or leave him? 

Anyways, I apologize if these questions offend anyone, but I figured it would be a fun topic for many of us to discuss.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Even if his wife is abusive etc, he is still married, so I will not sleep with that guy. If he is the true Adam Sandler, well..oh but well he is still married, LOL.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol well i appreciate the honest answer there pd.

3. Swingaling profile image60
    Swingalingposted 5 years ago

This might sound like a strange answer coming from a swinging couple but the rule in our lifestyle is: no cheaters allowed! If your spouse does not know what you are doing then it is cheating period, no matter the excuse.

If you really want to be with that person, then they should be honest enough with their partner to become single before playing the field.

my .02 watts

4. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 5 years ago

I'm probably answering exactly as expected -- no way! I've actually been in a very similar situation before in my life, except he wasn't lying about being married. He had quite a sob story about his abusive wife and how there really wasn't any feeling there anymore, but that he was afraid to leave his kids with her. I just told him straight out that I don't share, and I would not be with him while he was with his wife. I guess I can rest assured I made the right choice being as he didn't divorce his wife for another five years -- shows how much I meant to him tongue.

In the second scenario -- I'd probably still dump him. It depends, because I've forgiven elaborate lies before, but honesty is a really important thing to me. Once you blatantly lie to me, I'm always going to wonder when you're going to tell the next one -- or if you already have.

@Swingaling -- no, that doesn't sound strange coming from a swinging couple, because you are still a couple. I'm going to assume that any, shall we say, intimate interaction with others does not take place without your partner's knowledge and consent. I personally think it's the dishonesty that is the true betrayal in any cheating situation, it's not just having sex with someone else.