jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you decide with your heart or your head?

1. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

When you meet someone new, be it a friend or maybe someone you might date, do you go with what your heart tells you?

Or your mind?

Have you been proven wrong either way?

Often I've found that the person that I get along with least in the beginning is the one that I'll get along with most later on.  Does that happen for you too?

1. profile image0
      Daddy's Princessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I try to think things out and at least consider what my logical side is telling me especially if it is saying things like "something doesn't add up" or "this is too good to be true", but in the end my heart always wins even though I know that sometimes it gets me in trouble.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

If I am flirting with someone these days, has to be the heart because the mind says it is ridiculous. If push were to come to shove, again I would have to go with my
    heart - someone to love - but wouldn't know for sure until the actual time of decision.

1. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would you say that your heart might also be known as instinct or intuition?

For those of us that are really analytical we often discount what our heart says.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I always insist that both agree! smile

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"Would you say that your heart might also be known as instinct or intuition?"
    Not much of believer in instinct and all its implications. Intuition I think is an essential capacity to proper decision making. I probably call it psychic intelligence. By heart I mean love.

working