jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How soon do people fall in love?

1. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago

It seems as though people say they love someone sooner and sooner in relationships now a days.  What would be a reasonable time for someone to get those feelings after the first date?  this would be for the average person.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think different people have different definitions of "falling in love," which makes it tricky.  Some people call infatuation "love."  I prefer the sort described by Leonardo DaVinci:

Great love is born of great knowledge of the beloved.  Without knowledge, there can be no love.

By that definition, you cannot truly be in love until you know the other person very well.  Of course, that leads to the question, "How well is 'very well?'"

1. Greek One profile image80
        Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

you have to sleep with them at least 3 times first!

1. Stacie L profile image88
          Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i think the older one gets, the longer it takes to "fall in love"..
          it's all relative...

1. Greek One profile image80
            Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

for the record, I dont think you should sleep with relatives even once

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I'm old and I recently fell in love. Took about ten minutes. Something about her not physical.

3. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 5 years ago

As you know there are no rules.
    You could fall in love with a friend you've known for 5 years.. or a stranger you met 5 minutes ago...
    No rules sweetie smile

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's so true... smile  I knew someone for two years before we got married, and that's about how long the marriage lasted, lol...

But I married this last time only two MONTHS after meeting him...and it's been almost 23 years, with absolutely no regrets...or even fights, lol...

Sometimes it's just "right" from the first moment you meet... smile

4. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

I think it's more common with younger (say 10's and 20's) than with older folks.