Gay Support or Forum Websites

1. petertheknight profile image81
    petertheknightposted 5 years ago

I have been looking for websites to get help for those who are trying to come out and such but it is really hard to find everything.  I was quite interested in starting my own.  The way I wanted the website to be like was for it to have free articles and links to support websites.  I want a social network that is free where they can set up profiles.  Their profile would link to a forum which they could start blogs, share stories, pictures, information, and chat about things.  There would be also the free chat room and other instant messaging services.  Kind of like facebook except they would have to option to create a writers name and protect their identity is some form.

I can't seem to find a website like this.  If there is not one, there should be and I have worked on websites for many years.  I really want to have a site like this, but the closest thing I have is this blog and another I am writing.

Thank you!  And support websites would be good, but I am looking for more than just a toll free hotline.

2. dingdondingdon profile image61
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

That sounds like a good idea, and I think it would be helpful for a lot of people, especially teens in intolerant or unfriendly areas who need some support. Would it just be for gay people or all LGBT folk?

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I actually helped a lesbian friend make a site like that for lesbians. However she lost interest in it. hmm

There are many sites like that out there, I've seen a lot of them but can't recall what they are now. Try a search for them and I'm sure you can find some.

That said there is lots of room for more so I think it's a great idea to start a site like that. Make a forum in there and so on and it should get popular. smile