jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

The Worst Smile Ever

1. cheerfulnuts profile image60
    cheerfulnutsposted 5 years ago

What will you do if you've just eaten a meal or a snack, and then your love interest came and chatted with you for a while. You were so happy that you couldn't stop smiling. After he/she left, you went to the bathroom. When you looked in the mirror, you were shocked to see dark food particles stuck between your teeth. How will you react?
    This is one of my worst nightmares. I don't want this to happen to me. I always try to avoid smiling after eating, and I would quickly go to the bathroom to check my teeth.
    So my question is, what am I suppose to do to prevent this from
    happening? big_smile

1. aallard23 profile image79
      aallard23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just like you said excuse yourself to the bathroom or use the spoon on the table when he isnt looking. smile

cheerfulnutsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL. If the guy's not interested in me, he won't keep looking at me and I'll definitely have a chance to use a spoon or fork to remove food particles between my teeth. Otherwise, I'll have to ask the waiter to distract him so he would stop looking at me and look somewhere else.

2. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This has happened to me. lots of times. 12 years of marriage later, hubby still thinks its funny when I have food stuck in my teeth. I've learned that love interests understand you are a human and eat food from time to time. And every once in a while that food sticks. You can excuse yourself and go to the restroom and check, or just ask..."do I have something in my teeth?" if these things are too embarrassing, try a piece of gum. That usually works well for me. Also, if a guy decides to not talk to just you because you had food in your teeth, hes not really worth talking to.  While it might be embarrassing, its not the end of the world.

You're right DorrMattnomore. When something embarrassing happens, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the gum tip! I haven't thought about that.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

When you're with a date (or dining with someone like a work colleague) don't eat food (especially black or dark green food) that might show up on your teeth.   smile  (Also, don't chew with your front teeth.  lol    Cut your food up small, use the fork to make sure you get the little pieces of good back to your molars, and don't let it ever get to to your front teeth.   smile )   (I have a fear of breaking one of my front teeth on food, so I make sure I don't use them for anything but looks.   smile  )  (I know too many people who ended up with a cap because they actually used their front teeth.   smile  )

Ok Lisa, I'll remember that. Thanks!smile However, I still can't figure out how to eat sandwiches. I can't use a fork when I eat them. I have no choice but to use my front teeth. I guess I'll have to avoid them too.lol

3. 4tune profile image61
    4tuneposted 5 years ago

Just keep some of those disposable deals on you, and say to them hey baby before I laugh if you notice some crud tell me about it will ya? Thanks.

Then heck they were forewarned, and then you can take care of it, carry a little compact mirror too.