jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Why after all these years of marriage?

1. nursingmania profile image61
    nursingmaniaposted 5 years ago

Why after all these years of marriage,men are still trying to recall their ex-gf?

1. aallard23 profile image78
      aallard23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

They might need some closure, I'm not exactly sure.

2. pylos26 profile image77
      pylos26posted 5 years ago in reply to this

when you say "recall"...do you mean remember?

3. deblipp profile image60
      deblippposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not sure what you mean. If he wants to get her back, that's not okay, DTMFA. But if he just has fond memories, they probably don't harm your marriage.

2. Monisajda profile image83
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

I feel sometimes as if I wanted to call my ex-boyfriend but I never do that. It is just curiosity to see how his life now looks like.

3. puddingicecream profile image82
    puddingicecreamposted 5 years ago

It might not have anything to do with the marriage. Perhaps he just wants to see how she's doing after so long. I also agree that closure might be it.

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

I would hope it is closure, or possibly something needed to be said kind of thing that never was, maybe....hard to know why,  it seems that it varies with person and situation

5. Matt in Jax profile image79
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

No matter how much we love someone or how long we've been with them, we'll always have memories of past friends or girlfriends. Don't take offense or get jealous unless he truly tries to pursue a new refound relationship with that woman. But just to think about her or how she's maybe doing, I don't think that's too terrible of a thing.

6. 4tune profile image61
    4tuneposted 5 years ago

Becausu she is no longer a reality but a fantasy and fantasy seems better for a lot of men than owning up to reality.. I have guys from the past that were rotten to me, Now married,or  just broken up with someone or whatever suddenly thinking it would be better with me again..

The BIG problem? They did NOT change one bit, and we together would have the same issues that we did then and  NOW having those same exact issues with the current woman who is NOW feeling about them the same way I used to!

That is what I have seen repeatedly, They DO NOT want to SEE it is THEM having a problem, They think a new woman or the one that got away will magically make them more loving, or more committed or whatever, but it never works that way.

It a maturity issue with loving themselves often as well too, If you are there for them in reality then how great can you be if they don't think they are so great? But if you are not there for them then you must be okay.. That is why when you take them back after the wooing suddenly again you are not so great again.. I mean how could you be worth so much if you take them in? ( Seen it so many times I am a damn master at this one I tell you. )