Friend admitted she had a crush on me after I came out...long after.

1. Astra Nomik profile image71
    Astra Nomikposted 5 years ago

This is unusual. An old school friend, the last person on earth I would expect to ever say this to me, recently found out I was "out". She told me that she had always had a crush on me at school but never plucked up the courage to say it to me all those years ago. She is a nice person, not sure she is bi or gay or whatever. She doesn't know herself. Just wondering has anyone ever found a friend with a similar "situation" like that. I am happily attached now, and life has never been better. Just wondering do these things only happen to me?

1. 0
      onelittlecactusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am in a similar situation, but I am the friend. My best friend came out to me a year ago, and in this past year I have also noticed having very strong feelings towards her. Things like this happen, I suppose. But wait a couple of years and only then will I be able to tell you what this was all about - whether it was some sort of subconscious influence or real feelings...

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 5 years ago

I would say she was trying to let you know how she felt at that time, probly feeling safe enough to talk about it years later. maybe an opening to talk so she can figure herself out a little and her feelings. Knowing your attached and finding out your in the open about it, she may have felt safe enough to open a dialog.Explore her own feelings maybe.

Might be a way to befriend a like minded person and help her to understand herself some. A way for her to gain strength about it, and come out herself. You know, saftey in numbers, two stronger than one, kind of thing.

and it might be a pick-up line never know, but I would hope it was sincer friendship. Interesting question

I do not think it is just happening to you though, I am sure it happens to a lot of folks, Gay and strait.