jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you compare your current snookums to your exgirlfriends/boyfriends?

1. pajamazzon profile image61
    pajamazzonposted 5 years ago

do you ever compare your current lovey dovey to your ex's? rather you keep score on how they're good at and what they're not and compare? we do tell our friends about it right?

1. Suzanne Winfield profile image84
      Suzanne Winfieldposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's all a big comparison study, right? It's human nature. In order to find the one your want to be with for the rest of your life, you need to have something to compare to. You should ever use it against them. You need to love them for who they are. If it's a deal-breaker, move on.

2. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

When I was younger I did, but I found in recent years that I just rather forget the past. There must have been a good reason to break up so when I find someone new the don't enter the picture especially if they broke my heart.

3. BobbiRant profile image78
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not and the reason being: The other guys I dated were Not good for me, yet like so many people I kept dating the same personality types.  My current husband is unique, totally opposite any types I formally dated and I've been very happy with him for 13 years now.  Break that cycle, I say!Good question.

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I don't have a "current snookums" but I am dating several different gentlemen currently and I find it's best not to compare them, to each other or to anyone from the past.  I try to enjoy each one for what is unique and special about him. Of course, it's impossible not to make comparisons about certain things, but I don't keep any scores and I certainly don't gossip to my friends.

5. iviskei profile image81
    iviskeiposted 5 years ago

Only when he does something that annoys me. smile

6. ronhi profile image82
    ronhiposted 5 years ago

yah sometimes...i think its a sign i havent gotten over her completely

7. floating mind profile image84
    floating mindposted 5 years ago

How can you NOT compare?  Even if you don't want to, I think it's somewhere in the back of our mind.  A pre-builtin table or chart, that we use to compare all things in life.  Including comparing current and past loves.

8. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Yes, at times. Usually favorably, but I never discuss it with anyone if it is unfavorable. There is an old Jewish proverb 'Look for the good, not the evil, in the conduct of members of the family.' I personally think the sentiment extends to significant others, until such time as they cease to be significant. And it should be extended to 'don't share anything unfavorable that would hurt them if they were to overhear.'