jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (38 posts)

would you continue to date a guy you like....

1. littlelacesecret profile image60
    littlelacesecretposted 5 years ago

Girls, if I was your type of Guy and we had been on several very nice dates together but you noticed the Lacey back of a thong when I bent over to pick some flowers for you,  would you continue to see me? Would you ask about it? Or would you call me names and run? Just asking.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cute!  I'd tell you I liked your thong and continue to date you.  I have a very open mind about such things.  It takes a lot more than a little lacey cross-dressing to freak me out of a relationship.  After all, it's not the same thing as finding a severed head in your fridge.

littlelacesecretposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nice. Thanks Disturbia wish there were more like you in the world

2. lovelife08 profile image60
      lovelife08posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would most definitely stop dating you.  After of course telling you how disgusting I think it is that a straight guy would wear a thong on a date.  I would much rather date someone of good taste in all areas, including wardrobe.

And less like this

LOL, well it takes all kinds and everybody is different.  Now if I caught you wearing big old granny panties mad that might be another story.

No granny panties here. I have a beautiful collection of lace and silk bikinis and thongs. Really like thigh highs and garters.

OMG!  ME TOO!   Really like thigh highs and garters I mean.  I have closets full of lingerie.  It's an absolute addiction.  Doesn't matter what I'm wearing on the outside, I always wear something delicious underneath.  wink

You sound like the perfect GF!

LOL, I blame my first husband.  Of course, I blame him for everything, but he's the one who got me hooked on sexy lingerie.  He would dress me up like I was some kind of doll.  It was something we both enjoyed.

Sounds like fun. We could be Disturbia Barbie and Lingerie Ken

2. lovelife08 profile image60
          lovelife08posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, you asked lol

3. littlelacesecret profile image60

Why is it that a woman can go into a store a buy boxers and nobody pays attention but if a Guy buys panties everyone gives him a weirdo look? Why in this society do we gender our clothing?

1. Anath profile image72
        Anathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that is only because some people are so bored and unhappy with their lifes that they need to concentrate in other's. 

In my ideal world everyone should be allowed to wear what they want when they want.  After all fashion is a way of expressing yourself.  If you don't harm anyone with your choice of clothing, then there should be nothing wrong with it.

My thoughts exactly but last night I got that "I know you're a weirdo" look while browsing the panty rack and again at the cashier. But she had to add she didn't think they would fit me. I bet they do I wanted to say

1. Anath profile image72

Shouldn't worry about those things.  There will always be people trying to put you down, ready to ruin your fun just because they have nothing else to do :-( very sad I think...

You should've told her "I bet they will and I'll look fantastic in them"

4. Anath profile image72

LOL, no I wouldn't run away.  It would be a surprise if you hadn't tell me before, but I guess that after a few dates I would know that you are into lacey underwear anyway, even without seeing it. 
      I have actually made some of my boys wear ladies underwear either for parties, or as a "punishment".

You can punish me anytime then we can go to the party

2. Chaotic Chica profile image82
    Chaotic Chicaposted 5 years ago

I left my husband for multiple reasons, the biggest reason being his abusiveness, but a couple of years into our marriage he started cross-dressing.  I tried my best to support him and not criticize but I never could wrap my head around it and in the end I just was not comfortable with it.  Either way I didn't leave him just because he liked lacy thongs but I would never again date a man who did.  I do not judge him for it, nor will I judge you or anyone else, I just know that I am not personally comfortable in that situation.

Do you mind if I ask you a question? Do you enjoy lingerie? If your husband had been a nice guy caring thoughtful loving would a thong have made him a different guy

1. Chaotic Chica profile image82
        Chaotic Chicaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is difficult for me to answer as he was very selfish; I never felt that he actually cared about me at all during our six years together.  However I know that I gave him a chance and never told him he could not wear it unless there was a chance the children could see it.  Personally I find thongs in particular to be rather uncomfortable but other forms of lingerie have their place in my drawers. 
        I suppose it was his behavior that really  threw me off.  I didn't like him during those times nor did I like his behavior leading up to those times.  He would make it into some twisted game, getting aggressive with me, scaring the children and me and demanding that I give him permission to 'dress'.  I did not feel the children needed to be in such a confusing environment as they were little and unable to understand so I asked him to at least limit his dressing to after bed time.  If he wanted to dress earlier and I was not compliant, I bore the brunt of his disappointment.

2. littlelacesecret profile image60

Chaotic would you rather he hid it from you oe was honest with you

1. JGoul profile image62
        JGoulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lace, it kind of bothers me that you're insulted that some women would have an issue with you wearing women's lingerie.  Granted, you have a right to live the way you want, and they probably shouldn't judge you or insult you.  But when it comes to dating, attraction is a huge part of it.  If a women is turned off by a man cross-dressing, why is that worse than being turned off because a woman is overweight or homely?  Attraction is not a choice - I prefer redheads to blondes, and I refuse to apologize for that or any other pattern I've noticed in terms of whom I find attractive.  I don't look down on women who don't conform to my ideas of the ideal mate, but I am less likely to date them. 

A characteristic can cause someone to lose value in your eyes as a potential sexual partner, without causing them to lose value in your eyes as a human being.  You have a right to be offended if a woman looks down on you as a person because of the style of your undergarments, but you do not have the right to be angry that she is less attracted to you because of it.

I'm insulted at all About this issue. People absolutely have the right to not like it I was just asking If it made him a different person. Also I was curious if she likes lingerie

1. JGoul profile image62
            JGoulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're right, I apologize.  I misread your post.  When you said you wished there more people like Disturbia and fewer like LoveLife, I thought you meant there was something wrong with LoveLife's opinion...  But I see you were just expressing a wish, for which there are obviously very good reasons... 

My bad.

No problem, thank you

2. littlelacesecret profile image60

Not insulted

2. Chaotic Chica profile image82

His honesty is what allowed me to do my best to consider it and support him as I did but he began using that as an excuse to become a bigger monster than he was already becoming.

I certainly hope you are doing better now without him

Thank you for that and I am.  I spent a year being away from kids 82 hours a week between going to work full time and going to school full time to get a better job that would allow me give my four kids a good life and the world saw fit to grant me the luxury of bringing a truly wonderful man into my life.  He is my knight in shining armor and we will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary on Sunday.

Congrats on ur accomplishments and anniversary.  Thank you for taking the time to answer my thread

You are welcome.  I figured that I had a unique view on this thread and it never hurts to share.  And thank you for your compliments.  I appreciate them.  smile

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...i married him...Bob...he was a nice guy

Good foe you. How did you find out about what he liked to wear?

Closed to reply

working