jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Is it always necessary to be happy all the time with your partner?

1. Julia Chang profile image61
    Julia Changposted 5 years ago

Is it healthy to dislike the person every once in awhile when there are problems?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends on how many problems there are. I don't really know but I would assume that once you start to dislike things your partner is doing it's a slippery road. smile

2. Greg Sage profile image61
      Greg Sageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Depends on communication.  If your relationship is strong enough to weather honesty and deal with whatever is causing the issue, then yes... the ability to face inevitable bumps head-on is a good thing.

If it goes the other direction, and causes buried long-term resentment, though, it will eventually end quite badly.

3. CARIBQUEEN profile image78
      CARIBQUEENposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would not use the word 'dislike' but rather discontented.  We are only human and we are not programmed to like everything about our partner.  There are days when things are done to really irritate you but it is also good to point out these things in order to get some sort of assurance.  We all have to live with each other's "oddities" - if I may call it that.  But at the end of the day, if we sit, discuss and exchange ideas, we may be able to understand each other better. ( I totally do not like to hear the phrase - " I am accustomed doing it this way and I can't change"  That does not fly with me.  We should be willing to change to accommodate each other.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...happy all the time - for the most part...but disliking - well, that could be a problem if the dislikes keep adding up...problems can be worked out usually if the relationship is good - keeping in check the stress or whatever emotion that may arise from a problem, while working it out as a team rather than opposing each other and letting the face of 'dislike' creep in.

3. Sarah Shepherd profile image61
    Sarah Shepherdposted 5 years ago

It's not only completely okay, it's healthy!!  I've been married for 4 years to my kindred spirit and let me tell you, there are times when I can't even stand the sight of him... but that's normal and natural and OKAY.  If you don't run the gamut of these NORMAL emotions and you are with someone, I might actually worry.  But I don't know, that's just my experience.

4. puddingicecream profile image80
    puddingicecreamposted 5 years ago

I never dislike the person, just the situation. But I guess if we're not being technical here, it's completely okay to dislike your partner every once in a while.

5. 4tune profile image60
    4tuneposted 5 years ago

Heck no you should get angry sometimes at them sometimes to spice things up!

6. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

BO---RING....if you are always happy

a slight fight is good, then reconciliation- sweet again, then fight again....

7. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Dislike??.. how do you dislike and like a person or love a person at the drop of a hat..
    You dislike what they do.. or react to what they do..

It would be more productive in a relationship to respond and not react.. speak about your likes and dislikes and agree on some acceptable behavior .. mutually smile

You can't always be Happy... but you can choose to enjoy the relationship as much as you can and make an effort at that.

You can choose to have as much fun as possible with the person.
    At least that is my take on life smile