jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Will "someday" come tonight?

1. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 5 years ago

The New York State Senate will likely pass a Gay Marriage bill sometime tonight. How will you feel tomorrow if find out another group of people in this Country has finally OVERCOME?

1. thighhighchick profile image61
      thighhighchickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think its about time. Why should it matter who we marry. As long as the rules are the same for gays as heterosexual I dont have an issue
      I have loved a another women before and I think we should have been able to marry if we had wanted. Thank God the Northeast has the smarts to vote this in

2. Friendlyword profile image60
  3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...it made it through...congrats NY!...it seems so long ago now since I stood as a witness for my sister's marriage....

4. Friendlyword profile image60

Why did some Blacks and Hispanics hinder, instead of helping the Gay Marriage Bill pass? The fight for equal rights was reserved just for Black People? Why is "Justice For All" just a code word for Justice for Just Us? I mean to say; Some Black People felt it was an insult to the Black Movement for Gay People to equate their fight for civil rigths to the fight for civil rights of Black People. Being Black and Gay; I can tell you that both struggles for rights and freedom was the same to me. I'm old enough to remember how much hate, and anger, and disgust White Americans felt towards me when I fought for my civil rights as a Black American. The hate and fear and reasoning was the same. All Gay Americans deserve the love and respect of Black America. All we did was follow in your footsteps. Peace and Love to you!

5. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Nice to hear good news about America for a change.   Maybe you are not all racist, homophobic, right wing christian fools as is the image often seen by the outside world.

Congratulations to another group of people freed at last from the dark ages.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When state Marriage rights become Federal rights; then we can say "Free at last"

working