jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Background Checks with Online Dating Sites

1. thaivalentine profile image60
    thaivalentineposted 5 years ago

I have always felt that using online dating sites are like playing Russian Roulette.  The sites do not background check either the men or the women and everybody knows that a convicted domestic abuser would never have a profile that's honest like, "Shy Convicted Domestic Abuser Seeks Quite Single Female....".  Having said that, would you be more inclined to join a service that required background checks that insured a greater level of accuracy of profiles and security, or do you feel that is too much work and effort?

2. Rebecca Bracken profile image61
    Rebecca Brackenposted 5 years ago

Personally for me, i dont think i would ever go that route. I think i would love to engage in one on one communication face to face..and not have to worry about who the other person really is on the other side of pc..

3. 0
    Carliismiles<3posted 5 years ago

When it comes to online relationships.. you're really going out on a limb. Many people are fakes as well. They'll put anyone's picture just to get attention. I believe that when doing this you have to be very careful. Get to know the person extremely well before ever thinking about meeting them in person.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd worry if, say, my daughter (who's engaged) considered online dating.  I know people use it all the time, but I sure wouldn't be comfortable with it.  hmm