Why do women always think that there right and a mans wrong?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (99 posts)
  1. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60
    lawrencebeach2010posted 12 years ago

Its very stuck up when a lot of women put this image on a man thats hes always wrong and shes right.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

*It's
      *they're
      *he's, she's

But seriously, men do this too if you spend enough time with them. You just haven't noticed because you apparently aren't gay.

2. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Allow me to explain: it's because women are always right. LOL!!

1. K9keystrokes profile image83
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!! smile

1. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol   (I thought of the same thing and was awfully tempted...).   In all seriousness, of course women aren't "always" right on a lot of things.  There are also, though, a lot of men can't possibly believe that there's a lot of things women actually do know better than they, so if the woman isn't willing to back down and just say that he's right (when she's knows he's not), he'll still believe she "can't possibly know better" and "just needs to think she's right".   hmm

(lawrencebeach2010, I hope this doesn't have anything to do with that kidney-stone thread you started, and that I was involved with.  lol  )

2. charlemont profile image73
        charlemontposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When a woman is wrong, you apologize. If you're not sure who is wrong, you apologize.
        When a woman is wrong, and she cries, she is right.

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Charlemont, very nice picture you have as your avatar. smile

3. christiehemme profile image61
      christiehemmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Women are more mature than Men..lol!!! Just kidding. To me both are equal efficient to their field.

4. foxwalk profile image61
      foxwalkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's because in some "cliques" male bashing has become an acceptable behavior.

It really is a clique thing. Typically a female one, but I have a gay friend who joins in on the male bashing. Check out my hub on why male bashing is bad.

Others also think it's acceptable to joke about (see some of the replies to your very question). What they don't realize is that it doesn't matter whether it's a joke or not, it has impact which not only negatively affects male/female relations but also peoples' ability to be successful in life, as many false truths about success are also sent through our society every day like radio waves.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

my wife told me it's because women are smarter and they are always right. since she's always right, that must be the reason.

6. Stone Gifts profile image62
      Stone Giftsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

strange...never met such women...smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

*nothing like opening up a can of worms with your opening post* lol lol lol lol lol

It can be said it goes both ways, which actually makes it difficult for compromise. lol

lawrencebeach2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol yeah I figured this was an attentoin getter
      But honestly its a good question and conversation

3. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Lawrence,

We think we are always right...because we always are

We think that men are always wrong...because you always are

....... it's that simple, so men need to accept that and the world will be a happier place smile

lol I still dissagree, i think a lot of women are to involved with themselves, some women dont show men enough respect but yet they demand it from teh male? Thats BS. I man is not a dog to be trained nor is a woman equal rights and equal respect is all im saying. A woman can be wrong just as much. The ones who think there are not wrong are stuck up. I know this is stomping toes but thats what im here for resolution and expreiences which a lot of men need help wit. Agree or dissagree oh well, lol

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well when you talk of respect that's a different matter all together.

A woman can be right...all the time...without showing disrespect to her partner.

But seriously, I at times, admit that I am wrong to my spouse, but the reason our relationship lasts and get stronger is the respect we have for each other even when we are wrong.

Without respect the relationship is in big trouble. From what you said I presume that the female wants to change and dominate you, and that is never good. If one cannot accept who you are then the love is not unconditional.

Let me stop before I put my foot in my mouth.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you think woman don't have exactly the same experience of men?

3. Lisa HW profile image62

I don't know what kind of women you've been hanging out with, because most don't see men as "dogs to train".  Having said that, though, I'd agree with you that there are overbearing women (just as there are overbearing men) who are wrong about one thing or another (or a lot of things) and are not willing to double-check (even research) their own belief about something in order to make sure they're not misguided about it.

As for me, I actually enjoy being proven wrong (or discovering I've been wrong) - but that's because it happens so infrequently that it's kind of fun and new.   lol   lol    lol    lol    lol   (Sorry.  I couldn't resist...   smile  )

4. thebrucebeat profile image60
        thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps women feel so superior because the men are writing posts that are so completely grammatically challenged that they simply can't help themselves.
        Just a thought.

lol lol

4. Neil Sperling profile image60
    Neil Sperlingposted 12 years ago

LMAO --- To Thine Own Self Be True!

Perspective -- women are always right..... men are left.... women are man's right hand.... the man is head of the house but the woman the neck who turns the head.... at least a few women turn my head.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol but you have to admit a lot of women get carried away

5. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

It is an Evolutionary mechanism, a tactic of nature, to drive us men out of the home and back into the wild to find another mate... that way we can perpetuate the human race more efficiently. smile

...and leave the woman to all her right-ness in peace.   smile

1. TMMason profile image59
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess that is relative to perception.

So in your eyes you are correct, again. smile

2. K9keystrokes profile image83

TM, it humors me that you are sighting anything to do with evolution and man... Just saying...tongue

3. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60

lol I like that conclusion. But please explain more of your theory

6. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I think it is because men and women have different abilities.  Apparently, women can't read maps or wire plugs, and men can't arrange soft furnishings or find their target when aiming for the toilet bowl.  I read it in the Evening Mail, so it must be true.

Oh, please stop the insult....you are silly...lol

7. LonghornGI profile image59
    LonghornGIposted 12 years ago

Does it make me always right to say that you're using "there' instead of "they're" and even though it is a common mistake...it bugs me? 

Hi!  I'm Lisa. And i'm always right.  smile

No.  That's the kind of word-twisting a lot of people often do   smile.  It should be, "Hi, I'm Lisa.  I'm most often right."  smile

I went looking to see if I did the they're/their/there thing somewhere, but I couldn't find it.  If I did it, it's because I'm one of those people who do that one and the old "you're/your" one because my fingers type what I hear in my head, and I have a Boston accent even in my head.   lol   Anyway, if I was the one who did it, I didn't say I was mostly always typing error free - only right.   lol

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Men and women each have their areas of expertise.

Men are good at:

drinking
    flatulence
    scratching
    yard work
    car maintenance
    mechanical repairs
    heavy lifting
    electrical wiring
    plumbing
    math

Women are good at:

critical thinking skills
    multitasking
    nurturing
    patience
    problem solving
    creativity
    maintaining their composure under stress
    finding shoes on sale
    jumping to conclusions

crying at happy, sad, touching, uplifting, inspirational,    and/or bittersweet movies, songs, books, plays, poems, and/or commercials

lol

2. LonghornGI profile image59
      LonghornGIposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, i don't know...I've been told I'm pretty good at flatulence......and I can shoot a fly off your shoulder from 300 meters....  smile

1. habee profile image91

I'm a dang good shot, myself!

I am impressed ladies!

3. Cardisa profile image88

Habee,women are also good at flatulence....lol lol

Yikes I think I chose the wrong thread..I almost got shot roll

1. habee profile image91

LOL!

4. AgesMGMT profile image58
      AgesMGMTposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol @ finding shoes on sale.   You have a pretty dismal list of what you think men are good at haha

1. habee profile image91

I was joking. I LOVE men! I have some great male friends and a wonderful husband.

5. profile image52
      JOhnny7777posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Habee,

Your list is unfounded and insulting but is intentionally mitigated by including a bit of humor.  Let's parse.

1) critical thinking skills  -  Wrong. Almost all great architects in any industry are men.  From computers to architecture (both stone or otherwise).

2) multitasking - Wrong. Most project managers in the world are men.  The most effective methods for multitasking (incremental approaches) were developed by men.

3) nurturing - Wrong.  Really take a step back and think about our roles.  Before the advent of the working class woman (which by the way in many cases is a luxury and not a necessity to avoid destitution -- women choose to pursue careers for personal fulfillment instead of lavishing the attention on children which is clearly natural), who provided the sustenance for the entire family -- men. 

Now post-advent, women of all levels of desirability all seek "winners" for mates; i.e. now that women have started working, their expectations haven't gone down now that there two breadwinners as you would logically expect.  Men who have great jobs AS A MANDATE, but now also AS MANDATES are chivalrous, are expected to sacrifice himself first to protect woman and child, are expected to be a bedrock of emotional support for his spouse and children (what woman would stay with a man who cried every night at her lap but plenty of men would do that for his spouse) and are expected to share in the house work.  You see, the entire being of a man is centered on providing and keeping afloat his family.  Men are the true nurturers of families.

4) patience - Wrong.  Let's see how well a woman would handle trying to court a man who acts like most women do during this stage. 
      'Oh..she seemed interested, I'll wait 3 days to call her and then 4 days later I'll do the same.  Don't call too soon, don't call too late.  (3 weeks in and she stops returning his calls -- drop all that pain and animosity and try again with another.   This is pure patience and wherewithal).

5) problem solving - This ties into critical thinking.  If you're not good with critical thinking, you won't be with problem solving.  So my response from item 1 applies here.

6) creativity - wrong.  The greatest creative accomplishments all throughout history have been made by men.  Literature (and yes there were aristocrat-esque women who were finely educated), cinema, acting, culinary arts (with exceptions on this point), sculpting, architecture, you name it, a man's most likely was at the forefronts.

7) maintaining their composure under stress - Wrong.  Men have amazing control over their emotions.  The ones that act out do it because they want to look good in front of women and unfortunately some men end up running with it.  So why does it seem that men are more quick to anger?  Because men and women don't treat men with the same delicacy as they do women; the "outbursts" are calculated and what he reckoned was appropriate for the situation.

Also, who ultimately encourages a pitting of men against men?  It's women.  Men have to prove themselves and sometimes, unfortunately, it gets to their brains and overwhelms all else.

8) finding shoes on sale - Wrong.  lol I wanted to give you that one, but honestly the best bargainers are men.  Women are more likely to find shoes on sale because they seek more often smile

9) jumping to conclusions - True when it comes to finding a mate.  Could go either way otherwise.

The weakness for most men is that they desire women, it's our greatest weakness, that we desire something that, like with anything else, is fickle and uncertain.  Men who overcome this truly rise to the top.

I wish to share this with other men who read this so they can understand that the greatest strength of a woman is her ability to manipulate that natural desire.  A woman is VERY good at cunning.

Truly strong women use that cunning for good to strengthen families and are ones that don't use it to bolster her own confidence.

1. Aime F profile image70
        Aime Fposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Gee, and people wonder why we still need feminism in 2016.  You took what was clearly a joke using stereotypes and turned it into an essay on why men are superior and how a woman's greatest strength is being cunning. 

You're kinda gross.

You also seem to be missing the very simple fact that it's still unfortunately pretty recently that women have started to gain equal rights and equal opportunities.  Yammer on about how many great male figures history has boasted as long as you want, but women were at a great disadvantage for a lot of that. 

I don't feel particularly qualified to say that men are better than women at anything or vice versa as often people have different strengths based on who they are as an individual, gender aside. 

I realize this is an old post and you might not be around to respond but I couldn't bring myself leave it unchallenged.  Because it was personally fulfilling for me to respond, even though I had to take a little break from my nightly cry.  sad

9. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 12 years ago

I don't feel that most women think they're always right and their many is wrong. That's an over generalization. There are some women that think they are right all the time, whether it's a man or woman saying they are wrong. Others will pretend to be always right because it's funny. Some women are just way more calculating and intuitive then their men, which gives the appearance that they are right more often then not.

As a woman myself, I find that I tend to right pretty often, but that doesn't mean I'm always right. My hubby is right just about as often as I am, though usually in different arenas. I am more well versed in nutrition, parenting, business and design. He is better with music, instruments, mechanics and house work. We each have what the other lacks. Neither of us is right or wrong, we just have different skills. In my mind, that's the way it should be. Who cares who's right?

BizGenGirl, this thread has been fun, but it's definitely been a matter of over-generalization.   My "being-always-right" joke is one I've often had between me and my kids.  They know it's a joke, but they've also seen that a good part of the I do turn out to be right.  smile

In all seriousness, though, I think it's worth mentioning that some people are very reluctant to draw, or voice, conclusions without being absolutely positive that the conclusion is correct.  I'm one of those.   It's always been important to me, especially with my kids, that I be very careful about making what "I suspect" or "I think" clear, as opposed to telling them stuff as facts and running the risk of them seeing me as someone who's not always careful about facts.

My kids aside, even in social settings, I'm pretty careful about only piping up on subjects I have a solid knowledge of.  If you think about it, that's kind of cop-out, but I'm not a fan of people being too quick to form conclusions or pipe off (as if they know everything there is to know about a subject) when they don't.  One person may be able to go on and on (and be right) about gardening.  (I keep quiet on that particular one, as well as whole world of other subjects on which I'll only say so much in a conversation.)

So, if a person is careful about being too vocal on subjects he's not strong in, and talks about the stuff he knows (and then, as in the case of mothers, if you throw in a few decades' worth of living in this world), the odds of being right (for whatever that's worth anyway) get better.

There are whole subjects in social settings that I'll just say I know nothing about and listen.  Then there are some that I'll say what my opinions and beliefs are (as with politics), but there's no right and wrong in some of those discussions.  Maybe the difference between some people and other people is that some people are more careful about having an opinion and believing it's an educated one than others are.   hmm  On some things, sometimes both are right.  Sometimes neither are right.  Sometimes what's right for one is not right for the other.  Either way, when it comes to facts, I think the person who knows more about the subject is more likely to be right, but can also back up what he says, or explain his reasoning, if necessary.

One of the biggest things I do (to the point of making others sometimes doubt me more than might be good) is to so often cushion what I say with stuff like, "I'm under the impression," or "I may be wrong, but...", or "It seems to me.." (etc. etc.)   In spite of my jokes about being right, I'm actually a pretty cautious (sometimes too cautious) person when it comes "debating" or presenting stuff as facts.   hmm  When and if I do present some debating/argument idea as fact, though, I'm not about to back down and come across (to some people) pretty confident.  What the other person/people don't see, though, is all the stuff I won't say and all the discussions I'm careful to stay out of because I know I don't enough to offer much to the discussion.     (So the real problem might be that people don't simply ask others why it is they think they're right, instead of just assuming they're being bull-headed when they won't back down.   hmm )

10. Jonathan Janco profile image62
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I think anyone who says they're always right is a bit insecure, first of all. And all are capable of this insecurity, of course.
    But when it comes to women saying they are always right and men are always wrong, I still blame the man in this case. Reason being, the man in this situation almost invariably lets her get away with it. Why? Because he wants something . . . you know.
    And he feels the easiest way to get what he wants from her is to suck up to her instead of growing a spine and telling her she is full of crap. I can't blame the woman in this situation because all she perceives is a man waiting to be henpecked.

(This subject is one that's making me feel a Hub coming on  smile  ). 

I don't think too many people would really ever even dare to say they're "always" right (unless they're joking or else have paranoid personality disorder, or something).    What I think often happens, though, is that a person who believes s/he's right and won't back down is often assumed to be someone "who thinks he's always right" (when, really, maybe he isn't).

With the situation you mentioned about guys just "going with the program" and letting the other person feel she's convinced him she's right; separate from the motivations you mentioned, that's not really a fair way to operate (and, again, I mean completely separate from the motivation you mentioned).

It doesn't give the other person the chance to back up whatever the guy questions that she's said, or to explain her reasoning.  In that scenario, the guy leads the other person to think she's made her point, and in the meantime, he's thinking she's some misguided person who doesn't know anything.  Normal, emotionally balanced, women would rather someone respect them enough to ask them to back up or clarify whatever it is they've said, and be given the chance to do that before being automatically written off (and the argument left unresolved).

If you think about it (and, boy, I've been in this situation), it's not really a matter of "growing some spine".  It's a perfect way to exert some control - not the other way around; because if the guy gives the woman the chance to back up what she's said (with reason, facts, clarifications, whatever), he runs the risk of being proven wrong.  I know someone who actually once said, "I don't care even if I do realize the other person is wrong.  I just pretend I don't see that, rather than admitting I see they're not wrong."  I couldn't believe this guy would even admit this (or that anyone would be so insecure or full of pride that he wouldn't just acknowledge the other person had proven himself right).  hmm

There's a difference between "telling someone she's full of crap" and being willing to listen long enough and/or being willing to ask her to back up what she believes/says with reason and facts.  The latter is respecting the other enough to expect what anyone should expect in a "debate" or disagreement.  The former is not risking being proven wrong by someone thought of as "full of crap".   hmm

I've been in that situation, and I'll you - I didn't see someone who was "waiting to be henpecked".  I saw someone who wasn't willing to listen to reason and facts.  Believe me, that's not the way to win someone's affection (or whatever you want to call it), and it's not the way to win the other person's respect either.   hmm

11. AgesMGMT profile image58
    AgesMGMTposted 12 years ago

the older I get the more I realize that I should stop worrying about whether or not the women I am with is happy and just do what makes me happy.  If it makes her happy as well then we are a good team.  This strategy has exceptions but in general I think works very well.

12. Jonathan Janco profile image62

Ok Lisa perhaps I chose some black/white dynamics there. However, its not as unusual as you might think. I've seen that exact situation played out many a time. Admittedly, this seems to happen at younger ages more often. I can relate to the scenario you described, but I was trying to describe a less mature situation in which the disagreement devolves practically to name-calling. And there are many people I have encountered over the years who literally seem to insist they are ALWAYS right and will even say "I am always right!" and mean it. And usually these people WILL NOT be countered by reason. Psyche disorders? I have not the background to say, but many of the people I have experienced that have this attitude were or atleast seemed to imply that they were never denied anything as children and then of course come of age expecting to be treated in the same such way as their parents treated them. And there's no talking to them about it.
    This guy I knew was in a situation like this and said to me,"my god she's such a crazy, stupid, spoiled b!tch! But she's so hot, I've just gotta get me some of that!"
    Any guy who says this in this context is asking for it.
    I'm sticking with that position.

Jonathan, I do tend to view things from the perspective of mature relationships, so I can see what you're saying.  I know, too, there are people who are just too confident and haven't ever been expected to do more than just "announce" things, according to them.   smile   I don't have the background to be diagnosing anybody, but I do know that personality disorder can include a lot of confidence without any foundation behind it.

Anyway, as far as staying with your position goes:  You're right.    smile  (See?  I don't have a problem with that.   big_smile )  But seriously, I better understand your points now.   smile

The one reason I may have found this thread as worth discussing over the last several hours (besides my having a lazy day today), is that as recently as - like - a week ago, I was shocked to discover yet one more example of a  communication problem (between me and my ex-husband, with whom I remain close friends).  It wasn't a fight or argument either.  It was just a matter of his having assumed I was "coming from one place" and my motivations being completely different from what he'd assumed.  Over time, I've become increasingly aware of how extreme communications problems can be between all kinds of people.  A person could write a whole encyclopedia's worth of all the communications problems that can go on.  So anyway, I don't really mean to "over-serious" a simple forum discussion, but I do think that whole right/wrong kind of misunderstandings/misinterpretations thing is one worth discussing.   smile

All that aside, I do think you hit the nail on the head about people not having been denied anything (or else people who were never told they were wrong as kids).

13. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Because we are!

14. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

@consentino and Diane Inside

I'm sorry to hear how your husbands treat you both.  That's really horrible if you ask me. sad

15. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

I still haven't read all the posts on here, so I apologize if this has already been covered.  However, I will say this.  Women are no more right all the time, then men are, and vice versa.  Anyone who buys into that concept is naive, as each argument that couples have are different in nature, and not everyone reacts the same way to an argument. 

Yes, there's men out there that will turn around an argument into making it out to be the woman's fault, as Diane and consentino alluded to, but not every man is like that.  Just like not every woman is going to always assume they're right all the time, and treat the man like some sort of dog as the OP seems to think either. 

I think it various from case to case.  Sure, there's a lot of men that are...well..for lack of a better term....a$$holes.  And there's a lot of women out there that are...well...jerkish as well.  However, that doesn't mean that all men and women are jerks.  No, just certain ones.  However, the point I'm trying to make here is this...not every relationship is going to be like that to where one partner always assumes they're right, and the other assumes all the blame.  Granted, some relationships end up that way, but not all of them do.  As not every relationship will be like that. 

As for what I want to say to lawrencebeach2010, i don't know what kind of girls that you've dated in the past, but have you ever thought that maybe it's the type of women that your dating?  Maybe you just need to think outside the box, and date a different type of woman than your used to dating, as it's fairly obvious the types that your dating now aren't working for you.  Just throwing that out there.  I apologize if you think that's offensive, but I hope that helps.

1. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree steven sometimes when you are drawn to a certain type of woman or man for that matter, they may tend to do exactly what you don't want them to do. Or have a trait that you interpret as stuck up, or otherwise unappealing.  I wonder if he would have the same opinion of women if he did date a different type, maybe one he might not origianally thought to try dating.

Anyhow thanks steven, Im on the outs big time, so this hits home.

His statement to me.

I'm just not going to say anything, whats the point you have all the answers.

Hows that for putting up walls.

ughhhh.

oh well what can I do.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that Diane.  Are you okay? If you want, I'm on yahoo messenger right now if you want to talk about this?

1. Diane Inside profile image72
          Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah it will be a few but id like that. thanks

1. profile image0

Your welcome.  Besides, what are friends for right?  I hope you feel better soon though. smile

16. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Why is it that women are always right?

Because we are the only ones that think with the head that has the BRAIN! wink

1. profile image0

lollol

2. K9keystrokes profile image83
    3. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60

women never give teh man credit when his dick aint in play, and the good men always egt ridiculed and ruled out. Then they get treated like crap, because the woman cant see something good. And most women not all but most have there heads up tehre buts with teh whole you cant touch me argue with me or anything i am better BS

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now Lawrence, try to rephrase what you wrote. Use punctuation and check your spelling. Are you thinking with your brain right now? wink

hahaha thats very funny women such as yourself are very self centered and you get smart when a man hits certain buttons. I think your getting mad becasue I am not surrendering to your self defuse

And this is a forum not a speeling bee. So if you dont like the heat pelase remove yourself from teh conversation. Thanks

2. profile image0

Lawrence, everyone here knows I never get mad. I was just playing with you.
            Now, tell me... why would you reply to your own comment and ask yourself to remove yourself from the conversation? wink

17. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Just guessin' here. Woman have a tendency to consider emotion as always right and true. However emotion is actually a product of of one's values, and thus a mental construct. One gets most emotional about what one considers most valuable. Can be anything.

Good response

18. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

bec women rule

1. profile image0

lol

2. lawrencebeach2010 profile image60

lol well all I am saying is women should not give up on all men and consider them crap, there are stil some out there who dont talk with there wee wee and both man and woman can be right. Thats what womena dn a lot of men have to realize

1. profile image0

We all love men, just the way they are. We wouldn't change it one bit. wink

2. HattieMattieMae profile image61
        HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Think that I've learned that my boyfriend is usally right, and I am at the same time. We just see it from two different angles, and if we both listen to each other, and take both answers and combine them, we are so much better off when we listen to each others advice. It's like trading, where I am weak, he is strong, where he is weak I am strong, and neither one of us feel we have to be right. We just talk to each other and say I don't want to tell you what to do, but this is the way I see it. lol It's all in the way you talk to each other and whether you respect your partners opinion. No we don't always agree, but we agree to disagree, and usually I found out later when I disagreed my boyfriend was so right! So I don't disagree anymore, I just listen. lol

THATS THE RIGHT RESPONSE!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

compromise,

but in the end women still rule!

1. profile image53
          Jackrules598posted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you wanna rule in any way then stop acting so stuck up and loose the were better than men thought, men aren't better than women and women aren't better than men, the very thought of that is sexists and I will never stand for it, say what ever you like but this time I know I'm right so you will never be able to shoot me down like you've probably done to other men, this is why a lot of men are never happy and the relationship has so many stressful arguments, and I think it's harder on the guy than the woman, then your self into a man and maybe the you would understand but don't be so naive.

19. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"but in the end women still rule!" Personally I prefer it that way.

20. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Ease up, boys! Women rule the earth! That's why we call it MOTHER EARTH! wink

21. Jonathan Janco profile image62

Yeah but women allowed men to think they rule. Therefore the world is drowning in deception. Thanks!

1. profile image0

Boys rule in our world!

2. foxwalk profile image61
      foxwalkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Men do rule. The problem is the world is populated by boys. Very very few are men.

22. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

This is strange actually. Don't people generally always think they're right? Otherwise it means they're running around spouting information and opinions they know are wrong!

I've met both sexes that act this way, though, as if anything said is wrong because it didn't come out of their mouth.

23. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Having counseled a good number of couples, it has been my observation that this is not a myth. Women are always right. Always.

Of course, I am not a licensed marriage counselor, and the man is usually not involved in the conversation directly. But, I firmly believe the woman sharing the story of their marriage problems are giving unbiased testimony; so I have no reason not to agree.

Men, whatever you've done say you're sorry and admit you're wrong. It will come to that eventually so you might as well get it over with. smile

24. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 12 years ago

Because that is just the way it is!

25. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

After reading through the thread, geez, maybe the OP's right. An awful lot of women are jokingly or not saying women ARE always right. I certainly hope they're joking.

1. profile image0

Of course we're joking! We are usually right 99% of the time. The other 1% of being wrong only takes place when we talk in our sleep.

1. OutWest profile image57
        OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because even when sleeping women continue to talk. lol

1. profile image0

Funny enough, I am not much of a talker. Yet, I do tend to talk in my sleep. wink I spill out the beans ALWAYS! hmm

You better be of good conscience then.

1. profile image0

Nothing to hide, OutWest. I'm a good girl. wink

wink

26. Jonathan Janco profile image62

When I'm asleep its other people that talk to me.

1. profile image0

a babbling woman, I'm sure! roll

27. Jonathan Janco profile image62

Women appear in my dreams alot. Certain ones I mean. They dont seem to see me. Like I'm not really there. Weird

28. rachelsholiday profile image59
    rachelsholidayposted 12 years ago

I would never claim that I'm always right.  However, I KNOW I'm right when I say that you should really learn basic grammar before posting questions on here.

29. Dr Billy Kidd profile image89
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 8 years ago

The U.S. Air Force started training more female pilots. This was because women pilots have higher endurance to the stress of flying under G forces. And women hold up better on endurance flight of long duration.

1. profile image52
      JOhnny7777posted 8 years agoin reply to this

@ your G-forces claim:

What you wrote is very misleading and ultimately specious (fancy for seemingly correct but wrong).  It's not so much gender as it is a matter of height and body mass.  Women tend to be shorter and smaller so there is a shorter distance from their hearts to their extremities which physiologically speaking is advantageous.  But it's not a distinction on man vs. woman.

Source:
      http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/myths.html

@Women hold up better on endurance flight of long duration:

Probably true but it's nothing new.  Men need to move around more than women do; i.e. women handle being stationary for long periods of time.  Personally I think because "baby got more back" definitely helps with that.

30. Jody Emmer profile image59
    Jody Emmerposted 8 years ago

I don't  know about stereotypes but I do know that I am always wrong espeially when it comes to giving advice on relationships

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)