jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think couples should stay together if they are 20 years apart?

1. HattieMattieMae profile image70
    HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago

Where do you draw the line in relationships. Is it healthy to stay together when you are so far apart in age?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image83
      IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course it is.  I cannot imagine how anyone could make a logical argument against it.

2. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I seem to recall a similar thread like this some time ago - why do you think there is an issue, what has happened to you to make you think there is a problem ?

1. HattieMattieMae profile image70
        HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hmm, well just a mystery how many relationships really succeed, and what society sees as acceptable, or not acceptable. Just learning. I don't think I posted this thread before. But maybe I did, and forgot! lol I don't know! lol

3. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It depends on the couple.  For some, twenty years might be too big of an age gap to overcome.  Whereas others, it might be just right because the younger of the two might be too mature for their age, and probably feel more drawn to more older and civilized people.  Plus, you know what they say about experience....wink  lol tongue

4. drdspervez profile image49
      drdspervezposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It depends upon the understanding and their IQ levels. sometimes the age really does not mater if you find happiness in each other's company.  smile

DR.DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

2. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

I know someone who has got married to his partner of many years.  They are a gay couple, and there is 30 years difference in age between them, yet they are one of the happiest couples I know of.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

If the relationship adds value to their life, then I don't see any problem with it. wink

4. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 5 years ago

My Husband is 18 Years my senior. We have been marries for over 30 Years. We have 2 children and 9 grand children andI cannot imagine my life with out him in it.

5. timonweller profile image61
    timonwellerposted 5 years ago

Up to the couple if you ask me, not really my business lol.

6. LADYGIRL profile image60
    LADYGIRLposted 5 years ago

Its depend if the two party are mature enough to accept the age in difference.  Another thing is how long has the youngest one been out in the world? These are the question the older one has to ask self and the sufficent other. Because if she/he haven't been out there and tasted the fruit. And she/he is just out there and blind that when you need to evaulate the situation.