Long distance relationship, 45 plus

1. 60
    griteamamaposted 5 years ago

Hi all,

Just found this forum tonight and, can't wait to jump in.

I've been dating the nicest guy for over a year and a half. We live 90 minutes apart and see each other every weekend and on holidays.We communicate daily - email, phone, msn, etc.  My kids like him, he adores them so all is well on that front.

Problem is: I am wondering if our alternative to a full time relationship is "normal" for a prolonged period such as this.  For our own reasons, neither of us is prepared to move to the other's location at this time yet, we continue to talk long term, growing old together and all that jazz. Still, no one is budging on the moving issue.

Additionally, I find I am somewhat disappointed with our sex life. He is oh so sweetly apologetic for his lack of stamina and, always makes sure I'm "taken care of". We've talked about things and, I am pleased with his receptiveness and supportive approach.

I am feeling so lost these days - I love this fellow and yet, I don't have that hunk of burning love kinda feeling that makes me want to jump into a cohabitation relationship, take things further, etc..

Any input my cyber friends!?
    Thanks so much.

1. manthy profile image82
      manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Until one of you is willing to make the commitment to move your relationship will be at a standstill.If you want to take your relationship to the next level then you need to live together

2. martinrocks_88 profile image75
      martinrocks_88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i would suggest you to do just what your heart tells. If you think you are not willing to jump into a cohabitation, then maybe thats the right thing.  just go on and enjoy the present relation until you feel that you WANT to get into cohabitation rather than doing it for his sake. There is nothing wrong in enjoying your present company till you feel the urge to cohabitate with him or till you meet  someother guy who makes you feel that way.