jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)

Judging people

1. mkrandhawa profile image60
    mkrandhawaposted 5 years ago

If you judge people you have no time to love them(Mother Teresa)

1. cindi h profile image60
      cindi hposted 5 years ago in reply to this

true but what's the question?  By judging we can also determine whether or not they are worthy of our love!!

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

_______
        You're confusing discerning and judging.
        It is not up to us to judge

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Judging people is done by watching their actions. Their actions dictate their individual understanding of their own life.

Everyone is a judge of others and of self. Only those who choose ignorance, try not to judge others. It's human nature to judge people's actions and to not do so, you fight against yourself.

3. Freegoldman profile image59
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just dnt knw what to say....only i have been negligible in this case......

2. Jessicablox profile image60
    Jessicabloxposted 5 years ago

Judging people means "Knowing what he thinks".

or thinking you know what they think?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
        Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Or thinking they know what you think.

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image87
          R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

or knowing what you think they think you know

1. TJenkins602 profile image62
            TJenkins602posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Or know that they think what you know...

...THINK!!! (runs away) :p

1. profile image0
              Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...or knowing they think you don't know they don't think...
              wink

1. TJenkins602 profile image62
                TJenkins602posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You speak such knowing thoughts of knowledge wink

1. profile image0
                  Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

heh
                  You know such thoughtful knowledge of speaking.  smile

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Having served Hells angels and other motorcycle club members in my shops for many year, I don't judge people on their circumstances, appearances or financial position.

I have met bikers who are wonderful human beings, and doctors who are complete p*icks.
    My old man used to say take all people as you find them, and I do.

Give a man a good name, and most will live up to it.

I never refused to take a check from my customers, and the first check that I received that bounced was after sixteen years of business, and that was from a well healed doctor from our richest suburb! lol

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Judging people means that you pass a value judgment on what others think or do or say, of which judgment implies making a decision whether something is right or wrong. Thus, when someone say that we should not judge others, they are in fact passing a value judgment (that judging people is wrong) and thus anyone who does so (judging other) is doing something that is wrong. Thus, those people who say that we shouldn't judge other are in fact doing exactly what they say they shouldn't do; judging that people who they perceive as judging others are wrong. Thus, this sentence is self-defeating. In fact, because this is so, those people who say that we shouldn't judge others are in fact hypocrites, because they practice the thing they condemned in others.

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So not passing judgement on people who are stereotyped makes me a hypocrite So be it. smile

4. lea86 profile image61
    lea86posted 5 years ago

People who often judge did not see their flaws,they are mentally sick whereby jealousy and envy are the reasons they defend themselves to cover their weakness from others who are actually better than them.

WHAAAAT!!!!

5. ubanichijioke profile image47
    ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

I don't judge others. But, i believe that those who do, do so out of a preconceived idea or a particular notion. Some judge cos of the background and upbringing, crooked mentality and orientation given him or her as they step to maturity. Too bad

6. Sunny2o0o profile image59
    Sunny2o0oposted 5 years ago

Realistically, judging people is a natural part of the human psyche.  It isn't even necessarily wrong--in some contexts, the ability to judge other people contributes to a very valuable set of social skills, particularly those pertaining to one's selection of his/her friend group.  People who lack the ability to judge others in this fashion are prone to forming friendships with anyone who will will spend time with them, which often then leads to exploitation and abuse.

working