jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

The Royal Wedding

1. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

I am watching a TV programme at the moment, which is commemorating the 30th anniversary today of the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana.  It has brought back many memories of the day, and it seems like it was yesterday. There was a street party in my road, and the local radio station came to report on it.  What are your memories of the day? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KODYEg5n … ature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJTLPE3M … re=related

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I remember the poofy sleeved dress and the golden carriage.
    I wonder if Camilla is watching.

3. Eleanor's Words profile image85
    Eleanor's Wordsposted 5 years ago

I think I was about 8 and we watched it on TV - I remember thinking it was quite long and boring (the world through a child's eyes is not the same as an adults!) - in fact that is exactly what my ten year old son thought about Prince William's wedding recently!

4. Sinea Pies profile image84
    Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago

I was totally taken by the pageantry.  Her dress was stunning... so was she.  And the fact that she was a simple type of person made it more like a Cinderella story.  It was special to watch.

5. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

I agree that the dress was stunning, even though it came in for a lot of criticism at the time.

6. janikon profile image89
    janikonposted 5 years ago

I was not born but when I was made to watch the Beta tape my Grandparents made, years later, but at that point I was happy with my commemorative mug

7. janikon profile image89
    janikonposted 5 years ago

I remember the dress looked very wrinkled when she came out of the carriage, but those hairdryers certainly took her back to stunning in a few short blows.

8. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

Find it hard to get nostalgic about that day after seeing what her hubby and his family did to her.