jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

I love women, don't you?

1. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 5 years ago

I am a woman, a heterosexual woman, and I must admit, the people I most love and admire are women.  It's a weird thing.  I was rooting so hard for Ellen DeGeneres and her quite vocal and brave announcement of her engagement to her female lover.  I am also a Christian, in the best sense of the word.  I find it difficult at times to reconcile these facts.  Anyone can feel free to respond any way they want to to this thread.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As a woman, I probably notice women before I notice men simply because it's natural to compare how I look or talk or dress, etc., with other women; plus of course I can relate to a woman's feelings and conversation better than a man's, in most cases.  But I can't say I love women more than men;  I think I love everyone's soul equally.

I remember seeing Ellen when she first started doing standup comedy;  she was so talented and hilarious!  I thought she was pretty great.  Still watched her current show too, for quite a while, until she started turning it into a vehicle for the liberal agenda.
      Love?  Yep I used to like her; used to "love" her talent, and as a Christian I Loved her soul.  We're commanded to do that ya know.  I still Love her soul, but no I don't consider her announcement to be "brave" at all;  more audacious and wicked than anything.

Since you find it difficult to reconcile your cheerleading of her situation with her situation, I'd think that would give you pause to ponder upon the Scriptures that deal with your dilemma, and there are many of them.  Discernment is easy.  Love is easy.  But when we put our "likes" in front of those, we often get mixed up.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't see a conflict between being Christian and embracing gay people.  The Bible is full of random rules and instructions that were entirely a product of their time, but at its core, I think Christianity is supposed to be about loving your neighbor and reserving judgment for God.  Sin, as far as we can understand it, is less about arbitrary rules (like eating pork or not touching a woman who's on her period) and more about what hurts people.  Being gay doesn't hurt anyone.  So I would expect that Christians would love gay people and believe that it is not up to them to judge.

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
        K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maddie, I have to agree with you 100%. It's all about love and not so much about righteous anger in my opinion. The Bible teaches some great lessons, but we must be able to sort out the things that are strictly relating to an era in history-- I would think it to be very unlikley that in todays timing we would find any reason for punishment towards a woman on her period.

2. Paradise7 profile image85

Oh come on people, you don't love women???? Women are hated around here??? what is this...

3. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I do, I do... All my heroes are women. Joan of Arc (who WAS NOT a schizo!) yikes was one of my earliest loves. And of course, I have my top of the line female artist muse - the real Clara Schumann whom I absolutely ADORE! I don't feel any sexual tension when I deal or see lesbians in full display either. Doesn't bother me in the least. As long as they are good human beings. I love Ellen too! She's very talented!

4. Paradise7 profile image85

I can't help being a little conflicted, being heterosexual yet admiring women much more than I do men, as characters.   As people.  I think it might be because women are the caretakers, the mothers of the world.  I think of men; I think of wars and destruction.  I think of testosterone; I think of aggression.  Am I wrong?

I think loving is caretaking.  I think Jesus was taking care of us by giving up his life; and not only his life.  In Jesus's example, he was always kind, giving, healing...and those are qualities I associate almost exclusively with women.  I think that's why some women are gay.  I also think that's why some men are gay.  That's why I don't wish anything down on gay people.  Did any of that make any sense at all?

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perfect sense to me. I once heard that Catholics that feel more in touch with the feminine side (qualities such as the ones you described) are more prone to feel a sense of communion with Mary. Others that feel more in touch with the father archetype are more likely to pray to Jesus directly.

5. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

Nope.  Ticks my wife off!

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 5 years ago

Sometimes I find it difficult to love any humans, of any gender! but that's becuz I'm getting old and cranky.  People are so irritating, you know? And being able to be honest without being rude is hard for me, but especially around women who seem to tend to take things more personally and are sometimes incredibly self-centered! Women have a lot going on and becuz I am one, I understand them a little better.  Men are wonderful too, but sometimes mysterious and obtuse and too funky for me.  I think if you eliminated gender bias in everyone life would be so much nicer.  I'm constantly overwhelmed by the huge diversity in all life, not just men and women.  And how there are so many different kinds of people and personalities are so widely various and it is fascinating. So yes, most of the time I love women, in a different way than I love men.  Sometimes, though, I just don't love anybody, and then I go to my room!

7. moncrieff profile image81
    moncrieffposted 5 years ago

I think, it's not unusual but rather common. Women always liked women, that is they were very interested in women (how they're dressed, apply their makeup, how they handle their families, etc.) and admired those women who aspired. Because of the unique position of women in the past (lack of civil rights, limited access to power and various fields of occupation), they felt a much closer connection between each other in general. So yes, it's normal.
    Men express their admiration differently, they have similar sentiments. Just look at men's pantheon: you will see men everywhere: sportsmen, policians, rock stars, philosophers, scientists, etc., whom they admire and read avidly about.

8. princess g profile image59
    princess gposted 5 years ago

sure, why not?

9. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

I do tend to like women much more than men.  Usually this is because they are more open-minded and accepting of people, although this is not always the case.

10. calpol25 profile image76
    calpol25posted 5 years ago

Most of my friends are women!!!

11. thighhighchick profile image60
    thighhighchickposted 5 years ago

As a bisexual woman I can honestly say that I have  loved more women than men. I Find myself questioning Which I would have more fun with Depending on the ocasion. It's usually a woman. Don't get me wrong Men have a fond place in my heart as well as other places. But I connect better with another woman. Its definitely more intimate

12. sonfollowers profile image90
    sonfollowersposted 5 years ago

Well, I can tell you that my wife rocks.  Being married to her is an amazing thing in every way I can think of.  I've only actually met a small percentage of the overall population of women so I'll reserve judgment for the rest of the gender until I have interacted spent quality time with a sufficient sample size.  Unfortunately, the pursuit of that could be detrimental to my relationship with the woman I'm primarily interested in, so I'm afraid I may never know.

13. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure it's a love for women but rather a respect.women have put up and still put up with so many injustices in the world..they are strong and tolerant..and protect their young to the death
    there's at least one women everyone admires..besides mom...wink

14. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Yes, I love women. The way they look, feel, smell, taste, think and the way they torment, of course. They are such complicated creatures. There are so many to choose from I am still looking for a godess to serve.