jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Adult Children Sue Mom for 'Bad Mothering'

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

http://www.39online.com/entertainment/o … 0943.story

Chicago court dismisses $50,000 lawsuit after 23 and 20-year-old kids sue mom for not buying toys and a birthday card they didn't like.

Maggie Flecknoe
    August 29, 2011

The $50,000 hissy fit! Two adult siblings sued their own mother. And for what? They claim she engaged in "bad mothering". So, what did this "bad mother" do?

Steven II, 23, and his sister Kathryn, 20, both say their mother Kimberly Garrity, was a horrible mother because she: failed to buy toys for one of them, sent a birthday card the other didn't like, she didn't take her daughter to a car show, she was guilty of "haggling" over how much to spend on a party dress, she called her daughter at midnight to see when she was coming home after a homecoming party, and worst of all, she insisted that her son, 7 at the time, wear a seat belt.

And all of that emotional damage caused in their childhood could be erased for a whopping $50,000.
    wow this is something to think about! and a lawyer took their case...this could have set a huge precedent if they won!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

These people need to meet people who were truly abused as children. How frivolous can you get?

Luckily the case was dismissed, I hope they were charged for court costs.

Ahh...it all becomes clear. They hired their father to be their lawyer...the parents are divorced.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep - that's what it's about.  Wanna bet who planted that idea in the kids heads?  And who uses the children as a weapon against the ex-spouse?

2. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago

Wow, that's just crazy.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mad world, what can I say.  Sue right and left, sue your own mother, may be you'll get some money from it. It's a shame. I would never sue my mother or my children for anything. A_N_Y_T_H_I_N_G!!! If you need something - take it. If you have a nerve to deceive or rob me - shame on YOU and on me that I raised you that way. I would cry and go away but I would never -ever sue my children. If  they are like that - blame yourself.

3. MissE profile image80
    MissEposted 5 years ago

That's ridiculous!