jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Falling inlove to somebody

1. SoleiMarie profile image60
    SoleiMarieposted 5 years ago

My boyfriend and I had been separated for about a year but we had a constant communication yet I think I am falling in love with somebody. Should I go through with this feeling though I knew that someone is there working hard for our future?

1. princess g profile image60
      princess gposted 5 years ago in reply to this

tell your ex exactly how you feel, with this other guy. He will either wish you well, or get jealous and pick up on working on your relationship.

1. lockgirl profile image61
        lockgirlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

trickery doesn't always work , her best bet is to follow her heart . He is an ex for a reason.

2. princess g profile image60
        princess gposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I didn't suggest trickery. Only an honest conversation about your feelings about the other guy. I was under the impression you still liked the ex. If not, why do you even care?

SoleiMarieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some sort of that, is it not only guilt that I felt?

2. andycool profile image70
      andycoolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Step 1) Don't get in touch with both the guys for a week, free yourself from developing conflicting bias.

Step 2) Next week start communicating with your new found man for the whole week... don't communicate with your ex this week.

Step 3) In the third week communicate only with your ex and stop getting in touch with the other guy.

Step 4) Again stop communicating with both the guys this week and recall every moment of the past three weeks... then try to analyze who is suitable for you. Follow your brain, not heart. Hope you'll get your answer.

Thank you so much.. I will try this one..

2. ubanichijioke profile image49
    ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

I think if you give this new guy attention, it would mean total betrayal on your path. Better stick to the person you know before you make a big mistake. Stick to your boyfriend. That it!

3. lockgirl profile image61
    lockgirlposted 5 years ago

Follow your heart, sounds like you and the ex are more of good friends now than anything romantic. See where this new love interest goes. Think of why you two are now ex's and not a couple. Are you two better as friends then lovers? Follow your heart, explore what it is telling you.What will be will be.

That sounds to be another mind boggling for me. It boiled down to I have to find myself first. Thank you.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Better to just be free and allow yourself to grow. And having feelings for someone doesnt mean you have to pursue or resist it or anything. Do what feels right.If you are really falling in love with someone, you have the freedom to pursue that if you want. And if you are separated as you say from your previous boyfriend it may not be worth holding onto a commitment that may no longer exist. From experience I know now what not to do. This person you are 'falling in love with' might want to know how you feel. And your previous boyfriend might be clinging to something that is no longer there. I don't think it would hurt for you to express yourself.

5. Escobana profile image88
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Not being together for a year with your ex boyfriend says it all. What are you afraid of? Following your heart and losing your ex over it?

I'd say....be honest to your ex boyfriend about your feelings, risk the fact of losing him, and use that space to explore the other person.

If you try a relationship with the other guy and it doesn't work, there's still no loss.

You followed your heart, took some risks and gave life the oportunity to bring different men into your life.

What I read through the lines here is: I'm afraid of losing both of them, having to face life on my own.

Surely that can never be the reason for keeping your ex boyfriend in the dark, start dating with the other and keeping him in the dark as well, so you can play the safest way for yourself.

Don't get me wrong here....I did so myself a few times but the simple fact is that it isn't fair. You just need some courage to make up your mind:-)

1. edhan profile image73
      edhanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am a believer of heart feeling so if your heart tells you to go with the new found boyfriend, then go for it.

Be positive and let your ex-boyfriend knows that you are already going with another so to avoid any misunderstanding. Love is a wonderful thing and if this newly found boyfriend feels the same, it will be great joy for both of you.

Treasure what you have and you will be blessed.

6. ocaseysean profile image60
    ocaseyseanposted 5 years ago

Its not uncommon for people to hold onto the past while imagining it reaping itself in the future. Sit back and get intouch with the present without making pictures in you head about how anything might turn out. What do you feel if you imagine anything imagine being content as a single person first... then you can make a decision based on facts rather than made up images of how things may turn out in the future... All we have is NOW!