jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Why are men weaker at remembering faces?

1. Nadeeshan301 profile image80
    Nadeeshan301posted 5 years ago

It is observed that men are significantly weaker than women in remembering faces. What do you think? What may be the reason?

1. janikon profile image89
      janikonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a really good memory for faces and names but I'm horrible at remembering where I met the person, which sometimes can be an issue. Though it is a proven fact people remember generalizations surrounding appearance.

2. Andme26 profile image54
    Andme26posted 5 years ago

because we are not visual hahhahahhaah

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

it's not faces they look at...wink

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that's what I was thinking.  lol

2. manlypoetryman profile image76
      manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Now that's funny...I don't care who you are. That's funny right there."

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Surely the originator of that quote would not do such a thing as Stacie proposes... big_smile

2. manlypoetryman profile image76
        manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://www.bio27.com/imgg/LarryTheCableGuyNebraska.jpg

Surely not...! wilderness lol

(Whoops...hit the reply button to wrong post...dang bern it!)

4. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

The more I hear about the generalizations made about men in 'research' the less I feel I can relate to both genders. I have an almost photographic memory when it comes to women's faces. On the other hand, my best friend pretty much admits openly he only looks at a woman's body. I find this dangerous because a woman's body has a tendency to change with the same frequency as her outfits change. That's why I look at the face. It's the only part they cant really hide.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, but that exam has different purposes.  One night, and the man is gone, seed spread as necessary.  He needn't be able to recognize her again.

The woman must be able to recognize that man in the future so that she can sue for child support. lol

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I have two women friends who have "face blindness" which is to say it's a medically-documented inability to recognize faces but I've never met any men with this condition.

You might as well ask why some people suffer from making sweeping generalizations.

working