jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

One night stands

1. makusr profile image60
    makusrposted 5 years ago

Do one night stands rejuvenate a marriage or begin its end. One night means exactly one night. Not more than that.

2. cmlindblom profile image82
    cmlindblomposted 5 years ago

you mean like go out and have a one night stand with no stings attatched to you marriage?

1. makusr profile image60
      makusrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes of course!

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

May mean 'one night' to you, but as a general rule
    I have found, it may not mean 'one night' to her.

1. Extinct Soul profile image60
      Extinct Soulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*nod of approval*

4. cmlindblom profile image82
    cmlindblomposted 5 years ago

that is true but i feel it is 50 50 most of the time... some girls are mopre into one night stands then people think from what I read in cosmo haha

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

"rejuvenate a marriage". I was unclear. I meant
    may not mean 'one night' to his wife if she finds out.

6. IntimatEvolution profile image80
    IntimatEvolutionposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I think it very well could.  Not everyone can live a life just having sex with one person.  I am not advocating cheating on your mate.  But if that is going to keep you happy and they benefit from that happiness....  A person has to do what a person has to do.

7. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

Whatever works just as long as EVERYBODY agrees with it, including the spouse not having the one night stand, and you're going to be smart and safe about it and not bring home any "critters" or "bugs" along with your "rejuvenated" attitude. I can't imagine anything less "rejuvenating" than an STD or ewwww crabs.

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ewwwwww!

8. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

I think if you're cheating on your spouse (let's call it what it is) then that is surely the beginning of the end.

If cheating is what it takes to "rejuvinate" a marriage then surely you do not deserve and shouldn't be married.

Now if the spouse agrees that you can go out do whatever you want and you're ok with her doing the same then I ask... why stay married anyways??! lol

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

R.S. you ask if both parties are going to go outside the marriage, why stay married?  My first marriage was an open one in which it was agreed upon that either spouse could have affairs and even bring home a friend or two.  I adored my late husband and appreciated his honesty about his sexual appetites.  It actually made me feel closer to him and I trusted him completely because I knew he would never lie to me.

I never viewed any of the things he did as cheating because he never tried to hide anything from me and I never felt excluded.  He was open and up front from the very beginning and there was never any sneaking around or going behind my back.  Everything he did was with my full knowledge, consent, and ocassionally even my participation.  We had a wonderful 8 years together until he passed away and I was crushed.  There was so much more depth and so many more aspects to our marriage and relationship beyond just the sex.

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
        R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I understand what you had and do not think anything wrong with it. My statement about why being married was rather faceitious because the original op seems to imply there "could" be something wrong with cheating, which I deduced the spouse would not accept this alternative lifestyle he was suggesting (whether or not he actually would, or has I don't know- I was just answering the question). So my responce was rather to say if "you're cheating, and she is cheating" (where "cheating" is viewed as being "bad") then why stay married. Just get a divorce and see whomever you want.

With regard to your situation, I find it doubtful that your late husband would ask if having a one night stand would rejuvnate his marriage because, according to yoru post, it was something that was accepted by both of you.

9. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Most married people have vowed and promised to their spouse not to do that.  Can you and your spouse live with you being a liar whose word isn't worth a grain of salt?

10. lockgirl profile image60
    lockgirlposted 5 years ago

It is cheating any way you look at it.If you need to go find yourself a one night stand to be happy then it is time to rethink your relationship. Marriage is based on trust and honesty, if your partner looks to others for pleasure show them the door.

11. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 5 years ago

One night stands are for unattached people,if you feel the need to stray and you're married,I think you should just be honest about it with your spouse and let them decide if they want to put up with it,join in or walk!

working