Have you ever thanked or greeted and taken care of your mother always?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. VENZKHVAM profile image59
    VENZKHVAMposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5539598.jpg
    A mother once deciding to bring the child out faces thousand of challenges and she even is ready face a dinosaur  to save her kids and make  them comfortable and happily leaving.But over a period of time many children s forget those sacrifices  and carry on as if ,"i dont know" & "dont care" ATTITUDE?  even when their mother is suffering .Please  touch your heart and say "Are you one of those  guys/gals for a moment in your life been like that in your life?

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I have always looked out for my mother's best interests and continue to do so, and will until she is dead. I'm bound by my word to my father, which was his dying wish that I was to ensure that she was to never be alone, because it's the one thing she feared would happen.

Many children grow up, leave home and then only return to clean up after their parents are gone. I find it disrespectful and ignorant to do something like that.

Even as I live today, I ensure that my mother is taken care of as much as I physically can. I always make sure she has something to eat, that we spend time talking with each other and also ensure that she is able to live longer, by monitoring her medicines/medications. She isn't capable of remembering to take them on a schedule, even if written down.

3. VENZKHVAM profile image59
    VENZKHVAMposted 12 years ago

wonderful. BUt in any moment when you are undergoing some tension of your own did you missed that ?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I live with tension, it's part of living. More so now than ever before in my life, however, how I treat my mother will be no different. wink

VENZKHVAMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WELL that sounds lovely.I really wish you a wonderful life as you are taking care of the mother the mother nature will take care of you.Thanks for sharing the opinion and first to start the discussion.

You're welcome.

Something my father told me when I was younger, aside of the many different things he told me, was that a woman will look at a man and how he treats his mother, to gauge how she will be treated.

It is something that stuck with me. How true it is? Who knows. However, I've had several relationships, which the woman(knowing my father's last wish) has tried to rip apart my relationship with my mother, so as to get me to move out and leave my mother alone.

Every relationship I enter into, each woman is told that it's not happening and I am not to be put into making a choice between them or my mother. Each has been told that they will lose.

4. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

Like you Cagsil, my father died, in 2007 to be exact. It was sudden and unexpected, he didn't get the chance to say look after your mum. But he would've done if he could. I spend as much time as I can with my mum, she's 81, sprightly and nobody's fool. My two teenagers are also really close to her. My brother on the other hand, didn't even come to my dad's funeral and left it twelve months before he went to see my mum. But, that's his loss, when she's gone he'll have to face that conscience of his.

My father died in 1986. wink
      My father was dying in a hospital bed from Cancer.
      My mother is 64. smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A lot of responsibility for a long time, But, you're strong enough:) At least you'll have no regrets in that department smile

2. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wish my mom was alive - in any condition - old, weak, senile, blind, deaf, whatever. Just alive, so that I could talk to her, listen to her complaints, feed fer, take care of her. When I emigrated, that basically shortened my mom's life. I did nor realise at that time, until it was too late. She died suddenly from a heart attack when she was only 75 years old, lonely and half-blind. I miss her very much. And I know now, HOW she missed me!
      I feel responsible for my mom's death and will never forgive myself.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your mum may have missed you a great deal, but i doubt very much that led to her death. Grief has several phases, one of them is guilt. You see, even if you'd been there, you'd probably still feel the guilt at some point. Yours is just more focused, because you weren't there. I still feel guilty about my dads death.However, the rational side of me just says 'don't be ridiculous' you could not have prevented it. So, give yourself a break, death is something we have to accept, it's inevitable.

3. VENZKHVAM profile image59

Holie Thomas ,
                               My father too died out of lung cancer in November 7.30pm. His only worry was to take care of my mom.I am trapped in some other other part of my country  and mom would never budge out of our ancestral house. I feel very bad for not being with her as she needs me.
      Out of compulsions and my financial liability in a huge business loss iam making it outside.Neither i can go there and neither she is coming here.

I am on my triumph to  pay back all the debts i created and once and for go and settle there with mom till her life and so on.
      I really wanted to know how others are lucky enough or situation compelled enough to be with mom.
      @ Home girl--   you shouldn't be guilty as your love to her is seen  by her from heaven or where ever she is now.
      @holie thomas --- but saying is easy and when you go through the death one will feel the pinch.I am sure you will agree.

5. asmaiftikhar profile image81
    asmaiftikharposted 12 years ago

Now i m away from my ama(mother) but mis her in every second of life. wants to see her beautiful face  every morning to shine my days and nights.

so .lovely asma,
                                 may god bless upon you to full fill your wishes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)