jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

How much do you consider other people's feelings?

1. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

If you give it some serious thought, how much do you think you consider other people's feelings when it comes to you versus them?

On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 represents absolute self-indulgence and 10 is a super caring, super considerate person, how would you grade yourself?

I think I give myself a 4.

1. cindi h profile image60
      cindi hposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The older I get the less I care. I used to be an 11 and always put other people first. I spent the better part of my life living according to what other people thought. In doing so, I lost a lot of opportunities and saw a lot of my dreams die. Now, I live for me and those closest to my heart, the rest be damned!!

2. 0
      lostwithinmyselfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When i was younger i would of said 3 but as i have got older and think back on all my mistakes i would say im about 8 now. I worry too much for other peoples feelings now and im fed up of being like this because i always get treated like crap and rejected!! x

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I'm a 10. And I wish I was a 7 or 8.

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most people who are extremely empathetic will feel that way, I guess.

3. Capric222 profile image78
    Capric222posted 5 years ago

I would rate myself at about a 9.  But, I don't know if it is really a good thing sometimes!  I love to give and I love to care, but sometimes I think I end up being taken advantage of.  Obviously it depends on the situation, but there are many times when I wish I would just say "no" but "yes" comes out anyway.

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I used to be a 10, now I would probably be about an 8; because my husband is somewhere in the neighborhood of a 5 with other people. So I have to balance worrying about his needs which involve his preference that I not rearrange my life to accommodate other people's needs; with worrying about the needs of others. If that confused you, join the club. I get dizzy sometimes thinking about it.

5. lea86 profile image59
    lea86posted 5 years ago

I treated them like myself.

6. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Thanks, guys, for sharing your thoughts! I think it best to always keep it cool. That way you don't get burned so much. It's your life and you should be the first person in the world for you. smile