jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

When Old Wounds Don't Heal Anymore.....

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

Would you still have any old feelings for someone who you were with previously and broke up because they were caught cheating on you or would you feel mad and blame yourself for all of it to happen?

1. kirsib profile image56
      kirsibposted 5 years ago in reply to this

of course you have feelings. I don't see why people blame themselves for it but yes those wounds can heal if you are both in the same page today and focus on your future together not the past

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
        Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. However, I do feel weird and uncomfortable when I run into her on campus because even though we do try to say something at that moment, her guy gets real menacing towards me and I'm not that special fighter who solves problems with fist.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Old wounds don't heal, only because the individual refuses to heal. No other reason can be made.

1. MissJamieD profile image79
      MissJamieDposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exactly! We all need to look inside ourselves after traumatic events like this. If you're honest with yourself you can find the answer, therefore, a solution. By solution I guess I mean remedy to move on with life, forgive, and forget! I'm a very sensitive person and I'm not suggesting for a minute that we don't need to mourn our losses but the amount of time we lend those people that hurt us should be very limited!