jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

female is married, but is talking to an old flame.

1. bruceybruce profile image61
    bruceybruceposted 4 years ago

female in her 30's married with 2 kids love's her husband very much but. starting talking to an old flame, they both reminice about the times they shared together, talking baout what doyou think it wouldve been like if they are still together. my answer to this is, for one there's people involved he's married and so is she is it really worth breaking up to family's for a night of lust pls ask your self that.if you feel and believe theres nothing there anymore , pls dont stay in the marriage for the kids sake beacuse if your both not happy that will just  make you both misearble.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm still friends with many of my ex's.  My best friend is actually an ex-boyfriend and we've had a few of those "Wonder what would have happened if..." conversations.  My ex's are ex's for a reason (as most are)  Talking isn't really a problem and I'm not sure where your getting "one night of lust" from, most adults really are able to have friendships and conversations, even with someone they've been intimate with, without hopping into bed with them again.

2. Sneha Sunny profile image87
      Sneha Sunnyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Even I think that talking is not a problem. But I think you should consider your children as well.

2. bruceybruce profile image61
    bruceybruceposted 4 years ago

thnks for the reply, this is going on with a freind of mine..i understand were u both r coming from, but you both need to realize they both are planning to leave there spouses to rekindle there romance now you see thats the problem. so theres more then talking going on .

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see where this is going.  If she really loves her husband very much as you say, then it's going nowhere.  People don't make plans to leave someone they love for a "what might have been" fling. 

But you also say that these two ex-lovebirds are making plans to be together, then they don't love anybody very much except each other.  Talk is cheap, especially romantic talk and these two are falling for the fantasy they are creating about how things might have turned out if they stayed together because they are not satisfied with the reality of their current relationships. 

It happens all the time, unfortunately all too often people don't find out until it's too late that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence and actually having to live with somebody is very different than spending time chatting about how wonderful life would be if they were together.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If she is not hiding it from you it is probably just a matter of talking to an old friend.