jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

What is love?

1. 0
    PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5753393_f248.jpg
    Is there any love on this picture? Or love is when a man and a woman would kiss each other? What, truly, is love?   ...I am very curious...

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What an amazing image of the deep and meaningful relationship we have with humanities oldest companion.  We love them and they love us.  Is it the same love as we feel for our spouse or our child,  I don't think so.  That having been said,  I recently lost a dog to a tragic accident and I miss her all the time.  The best way to get over that loss is to get  another dog.  That is a fundamental difference, one does not get a new child to fill the space left behind.

1. 0
        PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great reply!

Is it because that human beings have more unique consciousness? Is it that because humans have the gift of language?

-What if a cat or a dog could speak? --Could we forget them had we lost them?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure you could describe it as the gift of language or unique consciousness. Maybe the love we share with our pets is a bit less complex. They are loyal, we love them for it, they offer something that we cannot claim with certainty we will receive from a fellow man. Our relationships with animals are at the most basic level, yet superior. They trust us implicitly, so we protect them.

1. 0

[b"], they offer something that we cannot claim with certainty we will receive from a fellow man."[/b]

...Living beings, only except this animal called Man, knows fully the language of God. They do not speculate where it should not be. There is a difference. No living being, except man, commits suicide...

2. brandasaur profile image60
        brandasaurposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wonderful image! touched my heart and made me smile. for me, love is a feeling - may it be for a person, animal or thing. It could be destructive, it can heal, it can destruct you, it can inspire you, it can keep you going. It is not automatically needs to be ROMANCE when u say love! It can be love for your mother, pet or flower! smile

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
          uncorrectedvisionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Erich Fromm said love is a choice.  I think that is a fair description.  The Greeks had words for many different kinds of love.  Love for a friend, for ones country, ones self, etc....  Our contemporary culture has scoffed at and reduced all other kinds of loving and elevated the romantic and the sexual.  This is insufficient to describe the love between friends or the love of master and pet.

I have loved my dogs and will miss Sandy.  I adopted Hank from the animal shelter and he is an awesome little dog.

1. 0

"the love of master and pet."

-No one can master a living being unless it lets us do so. Even a friend can let you master him. Not much difference.

I agree with the first part here.

2. 0

You spoke for me brandasaur smile

2. 0
    PhenomWriterposted 5 years ago

"Is it the same love as we feel for our spouse or our child,"

-That's blood relation.

"The best way to get over that loss is to get  another dog."

-The best way to get over the loss of a human friend is to get another friend.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Cool picture! smile And, I'll leave it at that. smile

4. leebone profile image60
    leeboneposted 5 years ago

Love covers such a wide array of topics, perspectives, and issues that it is practically impossible to come up with a single compact definition or description of love.

5. Zabbella profile image76
    Zabbellaposted 5 years ago

Love is that warm fuzzy feeling you get deep down inside
    ~~and your heart goes aflutter at the sight of your first grandchild being born..
    ``and then they hand her to you,
    ``and you sing the first lullaby
    ``and for years sing that same song to her
    ``and it becomes YOUR song together
    ``and when she begins singing it WITH you...that, is LOVE.

Before that, I did not really know love.

6. LookingForWalden profile image61
    LookingForWaldenposted 5 years ago

There is no love like that of a parent for their children. It even eclipses the children's love of their own parents.

7. 0
    GirgisAgeebposted 5 years ago

Love is the most valuable thing in the world lets talk about general love first love between friends and love between a person and his dog as i saw this fantastic photo it is real so nice one wink

and going to love between man and woman it is some thing my hand couldn't write any thing about it but i will try it is some thing like being one not 2 feel each others support each others and be together in every thing bad before good it is some thing that makes my body shaking when iam thinking about true love woowowowowowowowowowowowo i mad hubs about love and relationships but i still can't write what i real feel when we are talking about love smile really wowoowowowowow

8. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago

"Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me....no mo!"

9. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago

Love is the driving force of the human spirit.  It is the one and only thing that cannot be explained in human words.  It is the penultimate level of all of existence, the highest plane of conciousness. One cannot know it until one knows it.

In other words, who feels it, knows it. It is everywhere.

10. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

animals tend to act on instinct.... don't they?????

Love what is it????? really good question.  Love for my children is a wonderful thing ..........  Love changes as we learn more in life, i feel

working