jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Marriage is a ceremonial toy.

1. asmaiftikhar profile image78
    asmaiftikharposted 4 years ago

"Marriage is a ceremonial toy ".How far you agree?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How much I agree?

Marriage is much more than that.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

In some respects I do. However, I also recognize that marriage is way more than that for some. I think it depends on the couple and how seriously they have taken their commitment. There are also those who were fully committed but the marriage became impossible and irretrievable. I don't think we can generalize here.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image82
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

The media often portrays it as a ceremonial toy. The Kim Kardashian 10 million plus wedding that lasted 72 days is an example. I'm sure there are some women who view marriage as a fairy-tale right of passage, and parents urge them on because they are awaiting the thrill of grandchildren. In reality, it is a serious commitment, and the vows should not be taken lightly. A marriage is the joining together of two families as well as two people. Once the "honeymoon period" is over, there will be challenges that require hardwork and compromise. Real love, mutual respect,open communication and forgiveness  are just some of the elements that hold a strong marriage together. Those that are willing to make it work will reap some of life's greatest rewards.