The Importance of Novelty in Long-Term Marriages

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

I believe that after a couple of years, many married couples take each other for granted.    As a result of this, many married couples have monotonous lives.  However, I believe that in order to keep long-term marriages new, couples must creative inventive and innovative ways to keep the marriage as good as new.  Couples can go on dates twice weekly, being inventinve and spicy in the bedroom, and creative other exciting ways to be together.   Monogamy does not have to equal monotony.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 4 years ago

Well I guess a forum post does not always have to be posted in the form of a question and with that said you are certainly not in the minority with your opinion on this matter.  Many experts (and gossip magazine self-proclaimed experts) agree with you.  There is a great deal of media to be found on how to accomplish said objective.  I do believe that there is a swing back to marriage maintenence as many of us today are first or second generation products of split/dysfunctional families and our youth as a whole want to see a return to more time-tested marital values.  It takes work and too many people just aren't willing to put forth the effort. 

That said my hubby and I do our best but unless you count going household shopping without the kids a date, then technically we haven't had one since October of last year! LOL  But we get time away from the kids while they are in school and we work together, sometimes grabbing lunch out if we aren't home.  I know that doesn't sound so excitimg but the trick with us is that we also do things apart from each other and that not only helps by making us feel whole, it gives us something to talk about.

3. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Those New Vibrating Noses have become very popular in BumbleTown - nz smile

They have dual settings - automatic and manual.

In auto mode - they are able to hone in on any relationship, irrespective of what type of relationship is concerned. smile

However many so called 'married' couples in BumbleTown prefer to use the manual setting, when seeking to make their lives more novel...

Apparently Sticky-Beak Vibrating Noses fit most personalities, look good, are designed to grow on demand, they glow in the dark and are the perfect tool for those who enjoy sticking their nose into other people's business!

I think I need to write a hub about them smile