jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Why do humans experience heart break?

1. passthejelly profile image80
    passthejellyposted 5 years ago

Heart break seems like it has no real value, and people seem to spend more time sulking and feeling pain when they could be aspiring to be happy. Biologically, it is erroneous to our well being to receive such a hurtful emotion.

1. Alecia Murphy profile image91
      Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Heartbreak is a natural result of loving someone and then being hurt. It will happen to all of us in some way rather it be through death, divorce, estrangement and so forth. It has value in that it is something we feel. Science can't explain everything about the human experience, so until you can experience and process it in a natural and healthy way, you won't understand.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree that it has no value in bringing us to a higher level of conciousness. Heartbreak is the result of a feeling of helplessness and attachment to another.  When one learns that we cannot control others, in life or in death, and we are fully responsible for our own feelings and outcome, we gain a better perspective of life and are able to see that heartbreak is like worry.  It gets you nothing.

3. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It all arises from EGO

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps a frontal lobotomy is the most rational option.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I don't believe that that is necessarily true. One can feel heartbreak when they know that they have hurt another, it doesn't mean that they were dependent on them in anyway.

3. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

some people seem much more prone to feel things and emotions very deeply..... Lucky if you are just able to shrug off heartache.... give us some lesson ;.

4. Hollie Thomas profile image60

I'm not able to shrug off heartbreak. As silly as this sounds, I accidently trapped my hamster (not even a human being) In the door yesterday. She has head injuries and she is critically ill. I feel heartbroken knowing that I have done this to her. I don't depend on her, but she is so ill because of something I did.

5. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

oh Hollie you cruel thing.

Last time i stayed at my son's house one of his hamsters attacked the other.  The whole house was in mourning.  The pet shop owner had adviced them to put them in the cage together.  My daughter in law and children were so upset. My sentimental son, who is by now sick of paying vets bills as they seem to have no luck with any pets.  Offered to take the creature that was suffering out and put it out of it's misery under the wheel of his car.  I think it was instead of paying silly money at the vets.... I could not believe my ears.... Did you ever see Manwell on Fawlty Towers with his Siberian Hamster.....

Now where did all that come from.....

6. Hollie Thomas profile image60

I'm really not sure what to make of your post.. I do usually have luck with pets and don't normally pay silly vets fees. I couldn't run over a helpless pet if it could be saved, could you?

7. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

sadly it could not be saved.  Forgot to mention that.  It was all but dead.....  I should also have added when a neighbour put rat poison down a few weeks earlier, they forgot about my grandchildrens cat.  The gold fish had sadly died two weeks after they bought it, the rabbit got attacked by a fox during the day.... can u believe.  If you knew my son, you would imagine he could not do such a thing as run over an almost dead creature.  He thought it would be quicker and less expensive.  He has paid out 100's of pounds on vet's fees.  I dont know what the answer is.  The poor thing was in a corner full of blood and just frozen.  He thought it was better to end its life, and at least get all the family out of the bedroom where they were weeping and wailing and asking him to take the creature to a vet.  He could have paid to have it put down......

Animals are heartbreakers, that kinda fits in with this topic i feel   ???????????????????????????

8. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Ok, sorry. I'm feeling a bit defensive at the moment. Everyone thinks I'm daft for getting upset about a hamster that I found in the snow last winter. I just feel guilty. When I took her to the vets she was pretty much lifeless, but suffering. I expected that they'd put her down, but she started to recover. The fee I've paid will cover any future treatment she has in respect of this accident. The vet thought she should be given a chance, because she was fighting so hard. She's home now and quite ill, but I still feel bad about what's happened to her.

9. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

awwww i know it is so hard, when you get attatched to pets, and they get hurt.  It is so sad and i know how you feel.  I would be too scared to get any pets, as i get too upset also, when they fall ill

10. Joy56 profile image61
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

Ego about a hamster?????????????????????????????

1. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Was I replying to the first post about heartbreak or a post about a hamster.

You are so very observant

working