jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Signs my boyfriend is the one.

1. 0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Ideas on if our relationship will lead to marriage?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image81
      AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I don't want to be redundant by saying that it's ultimately your decision, but...I would say, from experience, to not get in a hurry. If you're having any serious doubts about marriage, take those doubts seriously. You'll be stuck with this person for the rest of your life, unless you leave options open for divorce. And that can get ugly.
        Some things to ask yourself might be as follows:
      1. Have you had time to see every aspect of his personality? His good days, his bad days? Give it time. I'm not saying there should be a rule as to how long you should date someone before you marry. and honestly I don't think there should be one. Just give yourself however much time it takes to know him better than he does.
      2. Do you feel more than emotion for him? This is probably the hardest one. Give the emotions time to die down. I promise you, in three years after being married, you probably won't have goosebumps. Is this someone you could stand to live with in everday, mundane life?
      3. Does he treat you with respect/do you treat him with respect? Mutual respect and consideration are I think far more important than feeling emotionally high. Emotions don't keep a relationship together. Commitment will. Not that you won't feel anything for this person; but that shouldn't be what holds you together.

Like I said in another post, I'm certainly no expert. But I've been engaged a "fairy tale" relationship which turned horror story and I've been slapped in the face with reality many, many times.

Bottom line: Take your time. For real.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You're asking a question only you can actually answer. wink

1. 0
      Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was just curious about some ways I can tell?

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...god has the answer   big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

roll

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what?   big_smile....see ya on FB

4. katrinaB profile image61
    katrinaBposted 5 years ago

only u no they say wen u no u no wait for it cuz in the galaxy traveling millions of miles 2 get here is that rite moment for you be patient and someday it will have come

Hey Katrina,

Just to let you know, this isn't a social networking site....it's a writer's site.

What's that mean? It means you use full sentences to speak while in the forums and when you write a hub. None of the gibberish talk that comes from chatting on Facebook or in any other chatting format.

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+1

5. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

Katrina,

I think there are some signs that  you can look for, although, of course, the decision is up to the two of you.

First of all, ask yourself if you really want to marry him. It's fine to crave his devotion, but it's more important to know if you really want him.

Then, a couple of things to look for:

-Does he talk about the future with  you? Future plans, ideas for business, a home, etc. When men are starting to think of settling down, they often get practical.

-Is he asking hard questions about what marriage would be like? If he is starting to question things, he could be seriously considering the idea.

I wish you well in your relationship!

1. prairieprincess profile image96
      prairieprincessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry. I just noticed that the OP was Emily, not Katrina. My apologies!

lol lol

working