jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

How should you approach women?

1. passthejelly profile image81
    passthejellyposted 4 years ago

It seems like it would be a little intimidating to be approached by a man you have never met before. I guess my question is what should you say, and if women even like being approached by men they don't really know. TY big_smile

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would think any woman would be flattered by being approached by a man they don't know.   
      As far as what to say, I...don't know; it's been a long time since I was single.  But anything nice.  Maybe a comment about how nice she looks (nothing suggestive) or ask her if she'd like some company?  And be direct, like offer her a handshake and say "Hi, I'm _______"(whatever your name is).

2. loveorlost profile image61
      loveorlostposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is about the 40th occasion that you have APPROACHED US and clearly you still haven't understood, or you are trying to wind us up sad

Surely you know that women do tend to be a bit suspicious of men (or boys) who smear themselves with jelly (or Peanut Butter, TY, or KY) prior to having met them! roll

You might have more luck hanging around with an Overcoat, Hat and Sneakers smile

4. wonderful1 profile image84
      wonderful1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's nothing more sincere than just being yourself. If you make eye contact, and she seems interested, just open up and say what's on your mind. I read a line in a flirt book once that I liked (and the woman liked it so much, the couple ended up getting married): "I was about to go to [insert place you should be going] and thought to myself, 'if I never find out who this woman is, I'll never forgive myself for what could have been.'" What ifs are no way to go through life, and if the woman is a romantic soul, she'll really appreciate the comment.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Why should being approached by a man be intimidating? I am perfectly free to refuse to continue the conversation if I find him boring or unpleasant!

I like to see a man has something inside his skull. So I like men who open a conversation with an intelligent, witty comment. I also like it when a man is able to follow my sense of humour, and is familiar with some of the obscure subjects that interest me. In addition, I prefer a man to have a fairly good knowledge of art, literature and classical music. Any reference to team sports of any kind is an instant turnoff, as is a conversation that is heavily weighted to pop music, celebrities, cars and television.

3. 68
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

Speak softly and carry a big stick! smile

4. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Protective clothing is a must - fireproof if approaching my mother-in-law!

5. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

Box of chocolates  in one hand, a heavy shield in the other, and a lie detector close to hand.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

oh my, hehehe

6. 0
    theSimpleOneposted 4 years ago

Heh it would probably go something like "Hi. Sorry for being so straight forward, but I just couldn't let a chance to meet such a wonderful girl slip through... Can I steal some of your time to get to know you?" Other then that, anything is worth a shot you really want to get to know someone.

7. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

Pepper spray, A bag of money with the $$$ sign on it, something to protect your face, and a plagerized poem you got off of google thst you can read to her.smile

8. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

just 'whip it out'...

99% of the time it won't work and you might get hit...

but the other 1% is golden!

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
      Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My brother actually uses this approach and claims a 1 in 10 success rate - as well as bruises from 3 in 10... (Not quite whip it out I should add - but a very direct "do you f....")

9. ikechiawazie profile image69
    ikechiawazieposted 4 years ago

I beleive you should be yourself but be polite.

10. bubbybumps profile image60
    bubbybumpsposted 4 years ago

I don't mind being approached by men I don't know as long as they don't come on too strong or be rude and if they act like sleeze bag that's a big no no plus it helps it the guy goes to speak to a woman with no sexual expectations and has confidence, many or my male friends have been men who have approached me when I've been out, it's as simple as the women not giving false signals and th guys being willing to expect only friendship smile

11. formosangirl profile image83
    formosangirlposted 4 years ago

I cannot recall the last time a man "approached" me. Men will start a conversation if they are there, eg elevator or a line. I smile and engage in it, if it is harmless. In a society that is so into smartphones, etc., I am flattered that someone actually makes eye contact anymore.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

I was walking and someone stopped his car, it was drizzling last week, he opened an umbrella for me. He said he live somewhere nearby and introduced himself and if I want to return it, then I can just drop it at the apartment office. He said his name is  ------. I said thank you. Then at one point, he stopped his car again, and asked some more questions. He was talking fast and I just smiled. He said nice to meet you, that's all.

The other day, I was in a queue in the store and the man asked me about noodles and can I help him what is the best noodle, he has two kinds in his hands. He asked more questions and introduced himself. I saw him in the lane where I was getting some items earlier and he smiled at me. They are being friendly.