jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Opposite of Happy

1. kittythedreamer profile image96
    kittythedreamerposted 5 years ago

Have you ever felt unhappy in your marriage and try to gulp down those feelings? Maybe you try to convince yourself that you are truly happy? What if your significant other says that he/she loves you but doesn't necessarily demonstrate it?

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hard to analyze a relationship but it's been said that happiness is the result of external stimulus and joy comes from within.  Make your own joy and maybe it will be contagious.  Maybe your significant other will be ignited by your joy.

kittythedreamerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's just it...I am joyful...and I always thought that that would rub off...but it doesn't seem to.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
          couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok.  So without sacrificing yourself, try to find out what's bugging him.  It's something to do with him, not you.  You can't really ask guys so that could be a big challenge.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How do you feel your significant other is not demonstrating love for you? I guess what I mean is, what do you expect them to do in order to show love?

kittythedreamerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know...I guess a little physical affection...also sensitivity to how I feel or be able to listen when I talk without judging or criticizing. Basically a reciprocation of the things I do for him.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I think that after telling them that you are not being love the way you want to be, and still they don't show it, then it is time to take a look during your courting days, if he is the same, maybe he loves you in his own ways...

working