jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I love you, yet I have to leave you.

1. litsabd profile image87
    litsabdposted 4 years ago

Is love enough to keep 2 people hold on and keep walking together in life?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends. And...like Shadesbreath said, I think it depends on what the people involved, define as "love."  I personally think love can hold two people together no matter what the circumstances, but only if it is REAL love.

2. Bella Nina profile image79
      Bella Ninaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Love alone is not enough.  True committment is required as well.  I think over the course of a relationship, we fall in and out of love.  We can always love the person, but still, being "in love" is a different part of the relationship.

1. garrettdixon profile image59
        garrettdixonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Commitment may be a part of it, but love is made up of many components such as submission, understanding, and attraction.  Love though, once begun does not ever completely end.  One may go through valleys and mountains of the relationship, but true love is never ending and unconditional.

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

That depends on what constitutes "love" for the individuals involved. A word is but a symbol of something else, a simplification, a barest glimpse of greater whole. It is hardly an accident that there are millions of pages, written over whole heaps of centuries, that seek to somehow pin down what is meant by the utterance, "love."

That said, the answer to your question is both, "Yes, it is," and, "No, it is not." The difference being the unspoken reality.

Look inward with a desire for truth. Your truth. It will only glimmer for a moment before hope or fear poison it. Have the courage to do what that truth dictates.

3. 0
    kate-olsonposted 4 years ago

No, love alone isn't enough, because feelings wane and wax over the years. People have to decide to be together for life, and make that commitment to stick with the relationship even when it's not very fun. It's about self-sacrifice. It's about making two lives into one.

I think it is sad when two people let a relationship fall apart, and then say that it didn't work out because they were never "really" in love. That's ridiculous. Sorry AshtonFirefly, but I disagree.