jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Secret Marriages, Fact or Fiction

1. lizy625 profile image60
    lizy625posted 5 years ago

In some religious settings, like Islam, multiple wives are acceptable, although not as common. Sometimes "secret marriages"are formed so not to hurt the other spouses feelings. If you could have multiple partners to fullfill your needs, would you feel compelled to share that information with your spouse-assuming you were satisfying all your duties within that marriage?

2. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

In America today ,one half of all marriages end in divorce , Thats one of two ! Yes , lets have multiple partners , we can't keep one relationship on par! It cannot happen[ satisfying even one ].....:-}

1. couturepopcafe profile image62
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, look at it this way.  If you have more than one spouse and one fails, you still have the other!  Or if you're marriage to a bigomist fails, but you have another spouse, are you still a bigomist?

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Not if I was a liar and general all around cad.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I recommend one have a spouse with more than one personality. That way it is legal to married to more than one person.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Having a multiple spouse without the other spouse knowing does not meet any legal or religious standard I know of, including Islamic law.

6. lizy625 profile image60
    lizy625posted 5 years ago

assume it were allowed, the question is if you could do it without telling the other spouse-would you?

working