jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can We Meet In the Middle?

1. Elegantediva profile image59
    Elegantedivaposted 4 years ago

I apologize for the duplication. In most relationships, people want to be loved and respected. Sometimes that diminishes over time and people can take each other for granted. It's best to talk to each other before it becomes an issue. If you feel that there is no equality in the relationship, telling your partner in a loving and respectful manner, can prevent any future issues. Try compromising when discussing resolutions. Meeting in the middle can help bring equality back to any relationship if both partners work together.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

And you posted this in the forum, instead of writing your first hub and expanding on it?

You're not inviting discussion with your blanket statement. I would agree that communication is one of the keys to making a relationship work.

So with that said, Welcome to HubPages! wink

3. rainbowbutterfly profile image60
    rainbowbutterflyposted 4 years ago

I agreed,if most couple could compromise that they would always exercise equality  then most couple achieve healthy relationship but usually, it only  happen in the early stage of relationship. As it goes farther, things gradually change ....

4. Elegantediva profile image59
    Elegantedivaposted 4 years ago

I do agree things do change as time in a relationship goes on however, if it is a positive change that will benefit the relationship, that's great. On the other hand, if the changes seem negative or the changes create problems, it is best to say something to your partner before the problem escalates to something severe. Expressing your concerns in a non-defensive and mild-toned manner, will result in a better response from your partner and clear understanding on both parties.