jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 4 years ago via iphone

Do you think the acceptance of polyamory could reduce the divorce rate?

1. Dear Josie profile image60
      Dear Josieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No!!!!!God made us to get married to the opposite sex, only. No fooling around! For better or worse, sickness and in health. Couples have so many different ways, now a days, to hel their marraige. Never give up!

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago

When I lived in the Bay Area I knew many polyamorous people and most of them were married to a primary partner, and they still had just as many divorces as the monogamous married people I knew.  So no, I don't think it would change very much.

3. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago

I'd agree with Relache.

However, I do not like discrimination.  Adults should be free to live any life style they please, period.  Polyamory, polygamy, same-sax, whatever.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Given that nothing stops a married couple from mutually agreeing to include others, I doubt being able to also marry those people would effect divorce one way or the other.

5. 59
      renae1979posted 4 years ago

I also agree with Relache.  I've known some people who practice polyamory and unfortunately, none of them have been successful at this point, resulting in divorce, separation, broken hearts, etc.

Relationships are hard enough with just two people and from what I gather from my polyamory friends, the more people involved, the harder it is in the long run.  Too many issues, different dynamics and such.

6. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago

I know a polyamorus trio that have been together forever.  They seem happy, their kids are amazing. (Homeschooled to avoid attention, WV is a conservative state) and the situation seems to work for everyone.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it.  I just don't like my husband that much.