jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

What makes a man "WHIPPED"?

1. teamelite21 profile image61
    teamelite21posted 4 years ago

My whole life I have heard someone say that a man is whipped.  However, I don't know if everyone has the same belief in what makes a man "whipped".  It's like there is no in between.  He is either a jerk or "whipped".  What do ya'll think?

1. manlypoetryman profile image71
      manlypoetrymanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are ya' married? Often the line between being a jerk and being "whipped" can become instantly evident within a few minutes of themself...in a heated discussion with one's mate...lol

teamelite21posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha! I am married.  I have been married for a whole month. lol!  This was just something that came to mind.  One of those random thoughts.  It's like if you are nice, then you are whipped.  It's not about me though, it's about someone I can not name incase they read this. haha!  He is basically told what to do.  Just wanted to know what everyone thought.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A man is whipped when he no longer stands up for what he believes is right. A man is whipped when he sacrifices his values because he lacks courage.

A man is not whipped because he cries, compromises, loves, takes care of, acts responsibly, or behaves in a gentlemanly fashion.

A man is a jerk when he lies, cheats, beats, shows off in a troubling way, or disregards the feelings of others.

Exception: you can disregard the feelings of others if you are not a jerk but the other person is.

Rule of Thumb: If someone says something unkind about you, live your life in such a way that no one will believe them.

Food for Thought: I don't believe the qualities of gentleman ever really change. A gentleman is foremost a creature of honor, then of civility and grace. He is not hard to identify because he treats all other men as gentlemen and all women as ladies.

More Food for Thought: However dull a woman may be, she will understand all there is about love. However wise a man may be he will only know but half.

1. FrugalandFab profile image61
        FrugalandFabposted 4 years ago in reply to this

True story and well put, couturepopcafe. Though I would like to add one small bit to the whipped category. A man (or woman) is whipped when they allow the negative things others think about them rule their behavior.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

You'll find out soon enough. smile

Married guys usually are whipped. Like you say, they do as they're told; they're on a leash; they give in. It's like the old saying which applies to arguing with one's spouse: "You can be right and unhappy, or you can be wrong and happy."

Or something like that. And more importantly, still get some every now and again.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who would want a husband like that? If I wanted that I'd get a dog.

3. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

It depends on what leather she is wearing and what kind of whip! smile

1. calpol25 profile image76
      calpol25posted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol lol I was thinking the same thing lol lol

4. carolinemd21 profile image71
    carolinemd21posted 4 years ago

I agree with couture. I don't think a guy is whipped if he respects the woman he is with and does nice things for her, but if he sacrifices his values because he lacks courage, then he's whipped. I hate that word. Guys say that to other guys with girlfriends to bust their balls then if they are insecure they start acting up.

teamelite21posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, pretty much.  I see it happen all to much.  Gotta be a "man" right?  The definition of man has been jacked as well.  And they do start acting up, in an attempt to "prove" they are not whipped.  Hate the word myself.

5. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

A wife or woman who doesn't respect him and a lack of respect for himself.

6. passthejelly profile image80
    passthejellyposted 4 years ago

Whipped basically means the submissive one in the relationship. I believe this refers to people who do not call the shots or make decisions for themselves and are taken advantage of in any way.

7. secularist10 profile image90
    secularist10posted 4 years ago

Many men become whipped because their lives are not actually about anything. If your life isn't about something, it will wind up being about women. You will dress to impress women, take on jobs that you think women will like, etc.

Then when he gets the girl, and is basically guaranteed sex indefinitely, his subconscious says "well, my work is done" and it's time to rest. Many men will then just do the minimum work to keep the girl satisfied. Their girl becomes their whole world. It's revolting. And girls hate it.

Often the girl will then naturally start seeking out new guys who are more driven, more passionate, have more of a direction in life, and the cycle begins anew.