jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Attraction of Scent

1. StacieFace profile image60
    StacieFaceposted 4 years ago

Today as a woman we have so many options to attract a man by way of scent. We have perfume, body spray, scented lotions, scented shampoo, and froo-froo body wash. Oh and lets not forget out natural pheromones.
    What do you think our glorious ancestors used to attract a man by way of their sniffer??

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

something natural and maybe not intentional - herbs, flowers, scents of the forest, natural resins...all the scents i use now - but for me......

2. Inspired to write profile image67
      Inspired to writeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi StacieFace

You talk about smells (scents) as an attractant for gaining sexual attention but have you ever considered it could be an attractive mind that draws your desire towards you?

Animals, within the kingdom, especially females, they become prime sexually at certain times of the months, attracting towards them all kinds of desires for sexual attention because of their 'horniness' they magically portray.

But, delving deeper, is this really because they are subconsciously manufacturing  scentless sexual pheromones (hormones) signalling to the males maybe, or, is it the state of their own sexual desires for lust mentally that they unwittingly portray outwards through the follicles & the pores of their skin for their need to be served so they behave in much more of a sexual nature physically?

Let me know what you think.

Regards Dale

2. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 4 years ago

The human sense of smell has been regarded as providing the longest lasting memory among all of our senses. The simple waft of fresh prepared foods, or the passing scent of someone who walked by us at the park, all ring loud within our childhood memory banks to remind us what is pleasing and what is not. This same sense provides warning for danger and awareness of sickly contagions, infectious illness, and diseased beings,(this is why I imagine zombies smell just awful).

In the beginning, our attraction most likely was found when the scent of health and strength caught our snouts. Certain chemical pheromones reached out and dazzled our desires, making for healthy and strong mating, thus healthy and strong offspring.

I agree with SOH however, in that the aromas found in nature surely provided many with unexpected romantic interludes simply because the scent of resins and flowers that happen to linger upon skin smelled divine! To this day, those same natural aromas trigger our human romantic instincts, even as chemist have created them from artificial compounds.

I wonder just how responsive our genetic memory would be to truly authentic natural aromas? Would be interesting to find out...