jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think are the basic essentials of a romantic relationship?

1. thesingernurse profile image74
    thesingernurseposted 5 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6129173_f248.jpg
    I would love to know your insights. big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol...i luv the pic!

2. dinkan53 profile image76
      dinkan53posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Affection, Appreciation, Gifts, Love, Trust, Communication, Respect and Intimacy. Developing a strong and dynamic connection requires hard work and cooperation from both sides. So I think the above factors are the main key for a healthy romantic relationship.

3. healthwriterbob profile image85
      healthwriterbobposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      Sorry, I forgot that you posted a forum thread and not a hub on the essentials of a romantic relationship. Anyway, this is a timely question because Valentine's Day is so close upon us.
      Speaking as a person who has been married for more than 35 years, I would say the most important elements are love, trust and mutual respect. If you are in a relationship with someone, and you find that you value that person's life as much as you value your own life, then I think you have the basis of a long-lasting union.

2. thesingernurse profile image74
    thesingernurseposted 5 years ago

Thank you. My bf and I don't usually take sweet or mushy photos together. We love doing wacky antics. Hahaha... Thanks for dropping by my forum post. big_smile

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...okay...then i guess one of the basics is having a sense of humour and being able to enjoy each other and have some fun...not to be sooooo seeeeerious all the time.  big_smile  ...i get the feeling you two do just that...good for you!...and keep it up...

working